Thats cause you only have two legs....not four !! :thumbup:

G

Darn. And I missed the Kentucky Derby, too.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes phantom's poster unattractive is

-the random organization of the words "into the light". "into" is above "the light" and seems to be placed too far to the left. ("into" is lowercase even though its the start of the title. idk if that's right or not but it looks weird)

-the boxed-in image of what looks like rippling water or clouds or something. I mean, an image like that shouldn't be BOXED-IN. It just looks unappealing like that. Defeats the purpose of the image.

-"Phantom Regiment 2010" is in all CAPS unlike like the lowercase lettering used in "into the Light" so it seems out of place.

-The position of "Phantom Regiment 2010" is awful and seems more like an after thought.

-Too much white in the poster makes it seem plain and uninteresting (along with the pastel colors). Also the excessive white doesn't make the poster "complete" or "put together because you can't see the borders.

-Also the papyrus font used is probably not the "best" choice of fonts. The fact the I can even recognize the font probably means its a bad font to begin with. lol.

However, I doubt I could make a better one.

Generally, look at how awesome Trooper's, Spirit's, Bluecoates'and Cavie's posters are. Those look like they were made by a professional. Phantom's looks like it was made using Microsoft Paint. I love phantom but just not their poster...

**Also, people can have opinions on unimportant topics. That's the point of a forum.**

Edited by Rimba47

popular consensus ?? of who ?? from where?? LOLOL..first of all, its not that bad, and second of all, I bet not one person will like the show any less because of the poster......some corps have had shirts that were awful, yet they still sold out and the design didnt affect the show one bit.....calm down

G

consensus.jpgconsensus.jpg

LOL.......WHO gives a &^^% how the poster is or looks? It means absolutely nothing to whats supposed to be important, you know, the field show ??

Well that was a burst of replies there G.

I really think all drum corps need to take their quest for excellence beyond the field. Whether or not the Regiment poster/graphic is good design is debatable. I posted a separate thread addressing this topic specifically, but I think your above quote is flawed and I couldn't disagree with it more. Are you really saying that nothing else matters but the show? What happened to drum corps being a means to an greater end? Or has drum corps become the end in itself?

OMG, LOL......"They are nowhere near Baghdad"

G

I remember that quote. I believe his genuinely missed the fact that US troops were approaching Baghdad because he was so focused on creating Saddam's new poster.

Well that was a burst of replies there G.

I really think all drum corps need to take their quest for excellence beyond the field. Whether or not the Regiment poster/graphic is good design is debatable. I posted a separate thread addressing this topic specifically, but I think your above quote is flawed and I couldn't disagree with it more. Are you really saying that nothing else matters but the show? What happened to drum corps being a means to an greater end? Or has drum corps become the end in itself?

Granny:

He didn't say nothing else mattered but the field show. He just stated that the field show is supposed to be important. It might be time to take some dish detergent to your bifocals. :thumbup:

"Oh my God" !!! Phantom Regiments poster isnt top of the line, cutting edge, awesome....LOLOLOLOL..Has it really come to this ???

Expect to see the design on their tour shirt !

G

imo, the first show can't come soon enough when we're down to 7 pages discussing who's got good and bad wall posters.

Edited by BRASSO

imo, the first show can't come soon enough when we've got 7 pages discussing wall posters.

Calendar :thumbup:

Edited by Michael Boo