New Pioneer Information

Pioneer Drum and Bugle Corps and Color Guard from Milwaukee, Wisconsin would like to welcome back David Crook to the position of color guard caption supervisor and arranger. David worked briefly at Pioneer in 2008, sharing his knowledge and expertise in the color guard caption. He is also a significant performer, instructor and arranger for many Indiana color guards including WGI World Open Champions ONYX. He has worked together with Pioneer drill arranger Jeff Wroblewski on many other projects including Warren Central High School, a finalist in WGI Scholastic World Championships. Pioneer is glad to have David as a returning member of the team and we feel that his connection with the drill writer will lead to a great communication with guard and corps proper. Welcome back David!!

Pioneer also would like to mention the hiring of Blair Williams in the percussion area. Blair is a band director and was a former snare drummer with the Concord Blue Devils. Blair has instructed many California groups such as the Sacramento Freelancers Winter Drum Line and the Mandarins Drum and Bugle Corps. Welcome Blair!!! Also in the percussion area we would like to mention that Kirk Gay has written a great front ensemble book to coordinate with Adam Hill's battery book. Kirk also has many laurels including Phantom Regiment, the Crossmen, Teal Sound and Magic of Orlando and numerous marching band and winter line programs.

System Blue guru Allan Murray has been hired on as a consultant to the program and has already attended a camp and will see us for some time during the summer.

We are also looking forward to a June visit from Jarrod Huntley from the Blue Devils visual staff for some help in the technique area. We also hope to see my good friend Eddie Griffin at some point during the summer to assist with our visual team. Eddie is a well known east coast drill instructor with ties to The Hawthorne Caballeros, Connecticut Hurricanes, Carolina Gold and tons of judging experience.

We are very pleased at the progress that is being made in the areas of design over the winter months, and now with the addition of the staff mentioned on this informational release.

Donny Allen

Pioneer Program Coordinator and Brass Caption Head

Edited by donnymusic

I agree!!!

Very good additions to the Pioneer staff. Good mix of talent and era's. I look forward to seeing Pioneer's Show this year. I was debating if I was going to re-up to Fan Network or not. I am going to re-up because I think it will be fun to watch how this Show will progress over the Season. The first time i will see Pioneer will be at Indy. All the best this season.

Be Safe

Dean

Thanks Dean!

the two Joes back together...........if ya need help when yaz come east I'm always happy to add to the Joes and brass caption

the two Joes back together...........if ya need help when yaz come east I'm always happy to add to the Joes and brass caption

can you handle sleeping on the air mattress Joe? I may need you late in the season for a few days if you are up to it. You can tell these kids about the Blue Rock Days.

Joe