DCI Fan Network on IPad

I'm hoping that when Fan Network relaunches here shortly it will NOT be in Flash. This is a great opportunity for DCI to be in the lead when it comes to new, open technology. I have my fingers crossed for html5 or at least open h.264.

At the present time DCI uses .flv or flash for the videos.

They are easy to download and easy to convert to almost any format!

I am not sure what the IPad supports.

Yeah... You definitely cannot view videos straight from the FN on the iPad. Apple hates Adobe.

Yeah... You definitely cannot view videos straight from the FN on the iPad. Apple hates Adobe.

Apple doesn't hate Adobe, go to the Apple website and read the latest article on their thoughts on flash.

Apple doesn't hate Adobe, go to the Apple website and read the latest article on their thoughts on flash.

They fail to include the most important reason in there: that allowing flash on there would allow people to bypass the almighty app store.

The 'performance' excuses are bull. Advise ipad owners that it might decrease performance, but let your users do what they #### well please with their own devices.

They fail to include the most important reason in there: that allowing flash on there would allow people to bypass the almighty app store.

It has nothing to do with the App Store. It has to do with Flash being a buggy POS. It's outdated tech that has developed far passed it's original intent (I used to develop in it). Running Flash based content on any platform or browser slows it down and causes stability problems. Some things, like simple streaming video, are fairly harmless. Other things, like web sites written completely in Flash, crash browsers on a very frequent basis.

It's also a VERY closed platform, and has been since Adobe squired Macromedia, the originator of Flash. If Adobe was serious about making Flash better, they'd open it up. And spare us the "Apple iPhone/iPad is closed" argument...it's completely different.

If Flash was as great as Adobe advertises, how come Flash Mobile 10.1 is so delayed?

As an aside, I also believe that Steve Jobs is taking a bit of revenge on Adobe for their treatment of the Mac platform over the years. And I think that's hilarious.

Edited by Kamarag

Oh, flash has its issues for sure, but i think apple should let USERS decide if they want to use flash or not.

Looks like somebody's caught in Steve's reality distortion field.

Every reason Steve gives is a crock of crap. It's a business decision 100%.

Edited by MagicBobert