Rochester Police and Overtime

Is that the mayor from 2 years ago Mike Duffy lol he seemed to really like what he seen from the corps I think he will be supportive again this year :tongue:

That's Robert Duffy. Before he became Mayor of Rochester, he was the Chief of Police. I am very proud of Rochester's finest.

When you mention drum corps to anyone from Rochester, they most likely have been in corps or know of someone who has. When I grew up in the 60's, we had a corps on every street corner. Most of the first 20 or so DCA Championships were held down the street from me at Aquinas Stadium.

My point is, Rochester has alway been very receptive of our activity and has been the greatest supporters and fans.

I want to ad my thanks to Allen Buell and his committee. Allen makes the job look easy, but few people know what's involved. This should be a full time job but he not only works tirelessly all year on the Championships, he also works hard to keep the Statesmen on the field, and he even finds time to work a full time job at the George Eastman House. I wish I could clone him.

I look forward to another great DCA Championships in September. Be sure to show your appreciation to the police officers you come in contact with. Let them know what a fine job they do. :rock:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic