Rochester Police and Overtime

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

far too early to tell base don the article.

i hope they dont hire off duty guys from Moosic

I have no idea - but - the situation quoted is to cut down on padding retirement packages with overtime which reflects WHO gets the overtime. I can assure you that all security provided DCA weekend is PAID FOR by contract in one way or another. So, it's not like this will save the city any money directly - the city gets full reimbursement. The contract calls for security - there must be security. By the time dca rolls around, I'm sure they'll work it out. Just a quick solution might be using Monroe County Sheriff's instead of City Police. But hey, what do I know - NOTHING... smells like a union problem to me...

If they are unable to use city police, it would be a crying shame as indeed - we have seen that all police are not created equal (Think MOOSIC) and Rochester's finest have proven themselves MOST worthy...

but as I said - I know nothing... just speaking for myself.

And why, pray tell, would there need to be security at DCA Finals? Sure, it's all-age...but most of us are adults. We don't need no steenking supervision, man. Especially Friday nite! :blink:

I agree Tom...the Rochester Police have been awesome

I agree Tom...the Rochester Police have been awesome

I agree, too...... they have been great. What a difference from Scranton.

Fran

Agreed... even had one apologize to us two years back. We got directed to the parking lot by the stadium because of the handicapped placard. As we made the turn off Rt 33 (31?), the next cop (who was talking to someone) saw us out of the corner of his eye and thought we snuck thru. Heard this "Hold It!" and we hit the brakes. Flashed the placard and said I was sorry that I didn't show it to him. His response was "That's OK, I should have been looking when you showed it to the first guy". :blink:

And whenever we leave before Prelims or Finals are over, there is always a cop there to stop traffic so we can turn left on Rt 33/31. (And usually we're the only car.) Yeah a little thing but makes pulling out less nasty some nights. Everytime it happens we yell "Thank You" and ####ed if we don't get a response. :blink:

Beats the Moosic cop who got the WTF look when I thanked him after Finals 2005. :blink: He didn't do anything I was trying to be nice and he looked kinda flipped out about it.

PS - Thought DCA would pick up the police bill for support around the stadium. That's what's done for the October Old Car show at Hershey, PA. If a group needs any service at their event, they pay for it.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

PS - Thought DCA would pick up the police bill for support around the stadium. That's what's done for the October Old Car show at Hershey, PA. If a group needs any service at their event, they pay for it.

It might be included in the stadium fees.