Rochester Police and Overtime

It might be included in the stadium fees.

Good idea, I'm sure the stadium is used for many things besides DCA and soccer (half th ereason they build the things is to generate $$$). Wonder if DCA even worries about things like security and other things outside of stadium property or if stadium management handles and then gives DCA the contract/bill.

Actually the stadium mang handling would make more sense and probably cheaper. Man does our group have a cluster bleep trying to handle the details.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure DCA has a contract with the City or an arm of the City, ie. Convention Bureau. If DCA had to pay for security I am sure they wouldn't be in that city. I know of one stadium that charges $25,000 an event.

Contracting for a three day event has many many things to work out, simply choosing a stadium and saying here we are doesn't work.

Buell and company have done a great job, I'm sure they will keep it up. Lets not 2nd guess.

Edited by Peggly43

AMEN!

And I'll add an AMEN to that as well (although I had a recent coversation with the Obersturmbahnfuhrer of the Moosic Police and they stand ready to help if called upon).

I agree Tom...the Rochester Police have been awesome
I agree, too...... they have been great. What a difference from Scranton.

Fran

:worthy:

:thumbup:

They have been the MOST gracious and hospitable in any city I've traveled..I always thought that when DCA has overlapped with home games for the Red Wings (which will happen again this year - yay! Free fireworks show :thumbup: ) I have seen nothing but them being cordial and very low key, considering I'm sure that the stadiums aren't in the greatest of neighborhoods..

If all of the small to medium size cities could observe their constabulary during functions, they might learn a thing or three.. :laughing:

Pat

I agree Tom...the Rochester Police have been awesome

I wholeheartedly agree. Rochester PD have consistently gone out of their way to be helpful and friendly, and extremely professional. It's amazing how much influence the professionalism of the local police really can make or break whether or not an event is enjoyable.

:worthy:

:thumbup:

They have been the MOST gracious and hospitable in any city I've traveled..I always thought that when DCA has overlapped with home games for the Red Wings (which will happen again this year - yay! Free fireworks show :thumbup: ) I have seen nothing but them being cordial and very low key, considering I'm sure that the stadiums aren't in the greatest of neighborhoods..

If all of the small to medium size cities could observe their constabulary during functions, they might learn a thing or three.. :laughing:

Pat

ya know last year, with the two games and 490 being ripped up, I expected one huge ### traffic mess.

not at all, police kept everything chugging right along.

at Scranton, on nights there was no concert, traffic was a zoo, even after they reconfigured the exits.

Just a quick solution might be using Monroe County Sheriff's instead of City Police. But hey, what do I know - NOTHING... smells like a union problem to me...

Just so long as the union problem doesn't become a union "action" and then no police available and County or others not willing to cross picket line!!!! That would mean cancellation of the whole event, even the Red Wings game conceivably.

ya know last year, with the two games and 490 being ripped up, I expected one huge ### traffic mess.

not at all, police kept everything chugging right along.

at Scranton, on nights there was no concert, traffic was a zoo, even after they reconfigured the exits.

:rock:

I will concur - when we drove out there along with MBI for the "Legion" show - the traffic around "The Mountain" and the show stadium (not Lackawanna Cty) was an absolute MESS.. from backups during the rush hour to all kinds of mess in and around those 'redesigned' exit / entrance ramps.. :tongue:

Pat

Is that the mayor from 2 years ago Mike Duffy lol he seemed to really like what he seen from the corps I think he will be supportive again this year :tongue: