New Cavaliers Teaser

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A little better than the last BS video buti want to hear it like what Madison did a couple months ago with a segment to really show whats going on. This only makes me want to think of synonyms for the word cool.

A little better than the last BS video buti want to hear it like what Madison did a couple months ago with a segment to really show whats going on. This only makes me want to think of synonyms for the word cool.

That is why it is called a teaser.

People complain about how hush hush drum corps are over the winter and then when they get something they complain. It is pretty clear to me why most drum corps take the approach of not sharing anything over the winter. Not to mention the whole problem of having to get the rights for things in order to have a video in the first place.

That is why it is called a teaser.

People complain about how hush hush drum corps are over the winter and then when they get something they complain. It is pretty clear to me why most drum corps take the approach of not sharing anything over the winter. Not to mention the whole problem of having to get the rights for things in order to have a video in the first place.

No one complained abouts Scouts videos when they played rhapsody. If BD who hasn't announced a show makes a teaser video and played 4 quarter notes and then talked about how awesome the show is would you be mad?

No one complained abouts Scouts videos when they played rhapsody. If BD who hasn't announced a show makes a teaser video and played 4 quarter notes and then talked about how awesome the show is would you be mad?

Yeah, maybe that was BECAUSE THEY PLAYED RHAPSODY!

The music the scouts are doing is a little easier to get the rights to than what the cavaliers are doing. That is half of my point. The other half is that at least they are putting something out there. BD isn't and if they were I wouldn't care if it wasn't very revealing. The Scouts video was not that revealing either except the fact that they don't march well. Which leads to my original point: Most drum corps don't want to do very revealing winter camp videos because all people will do is judge them.

To me I learned plenty from The Cavaliers video and I think it is what they intended: The Cavaliers are going to have a different sound and a different kind of show this year. To me, THAT was the point of the video. Would I have liked to have heard more? Sure. But beggers can't be choosers.

Yeah, maybe that was BECAUSE THEY PLAYED RHAPSODY!

The music the scouts are doing is a little easier to get the rights to than what the cavaliers are doing. That is half of my point. The other half is that at least they are putting something out there. BD isn't and if they were I wouldn't care if it wasn't very revealing. The Scouts video was not that revealing either except the fact that they don't march well. Which leads to my original point: Most drum corps don't want to do very revealing winter camp videos because all people will do is judge them.

To me I learned plenty from The Cavaliers video and I think it is what they intended: The Cavaliers are going to have a different sound and a different kind of show this year. To me, THAT was the point of the video. Would I have liked to have heard more? Sure. But beggers can't be choosers.

Yeah, to be completely blunt, Cavaliers shows lately have left me very emotionally stagnant. I am most definitely not one to pass judgement, they are far better at this than I will ever be, but I wish that they would be more melodic. Returning from the countdown, so many parts of every show stuck out to me, except for the Cavaliers. In my opinion, it's just been kind of "blah". Hopefully that doesn't offend people.

Based on this video and the little bit of music I heard, plus the members' descriptions it sounds like they're starting to pull away from that. Which makes me excited for them and want to root for them this summer.

Hopefully that doesn't offend people.

No matter what anyone ever says, there will ALWAYS be somone who is offened. Especially here on DCP. That's just the way of life. :blink: