List of corps that have openings

not true. Its been awhile, but im pretty sure i remember some that got referred from phantom and maybe cavies (snd possibly scouts?) when i was at BS (when it was still d2).

Within the past 2-3 years, many (not all) World Class corps have stopped referring kids to other corps if they got cut.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that second post! I didn't mean to post that.

But let's keep this thread about corps openings! I think it's great :tongue:

Edited by JTarka

Spirit has some openings...can't remember where. I think some brass and a quad spot? I'm not sure. If you are interested, either reply, pm me or email me and I can contact someone from their right away.

jeffreylukechambers@gmail.com

Mike, maybe you can do a story about the World Class corps that offer spots, 2-3 weeks prior to move in, to kids that have practiced all winter and into the spring with Open Class corps. Maybe a follow up with those directors and then the kids that left those Open Class corps to march with a big name corps. Now that would be some real news.

Really? What happened to the rule that kids can't leave their corps for another after April 1st without a signed release from their current corps director?

Really? What happened to the rule that kids can't leave their corps for another after April 1st without a signed release from their current corps director?

They still do that.

Except now there is no date. For some corps, the moment you sign your member contract, you will need a written release from the corps director if you want to leave

I'd say give some of the Open Class corps directors a call and see how that rule is working out for them.

None of this would be going on if every corps felt they needed 70 plus horns every year.

Edited by CT-Horn

Phantom Regiment has a few openings available for Euphonium and Tuba. Applicants should be in good physical condition, and drum corps experience is preferred. Those interested should e-mail corps director Dan Farrell at dan@regiment.org for more information.

A few brass opennings for Blue Stars advertised on their Facebook page. Spring training starting to take it's toll?

This happens every year. I distinctly recall a story about a gal who auditioned for mello with a WC corps and didn't make the cut. She later (that same season) auditioned for another WC corps and earned a spot on lead mello on her own. Go figure. Maybe DCI is more worried about all this G7 crap than they are about making sure that kids who earn spots get them.