Boston Crusaders 2010

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like an absolutely BEAST show. I haven't heard much about them, anyone wanna give some info? :cool:

Here's corpsreps link for show and music, YouTube that stuff, it's some sick choice music, especially Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini.

Thy Kingdom Come

GO BAC!

Didn't PR do Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini.

I also thought there was someone else in recent years.

they played some rhapsody on a theme of paganini last year, but not the 18th variation. They used the 18th variation in 95 (the ballad)

... and now that I think about it , it (2009) may not have even been based on rhapsody on a theme of paganini but the paganini melody also appears in rhapsody on a theme of paganini.... that's confusing ?

i guess the point is, The part of Rachmaninoff's piece that boston is playing was played by phantom in 95, not 09. It was the ballad in 95

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

they played some rhapsody on a theme of paganini last year, but not the 18th variation. They used the 18th variation in 95 (the ballad)

... and now that I think about it may not have even been based on rhapsody on a theme of paganini but the melody also appears in rhapsody on a theme of paganini.... that's confusing ?

Im confused hehehehehe,,,,but thanks :cool:

according to Corpsreps, Mandarins, Phantom Regiment, and Cadence ( International Corps ) have played " Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini ( 18h movement ) ". Mandarins, the most recent ( 2005 ).

Edited by BRASSO

i guess the point is, The part of Rachmaninoff's piece that boston is playing was played by phantom in 95, not 09. It was the ballad in 95

Ballad in 95 was goosebump city -- corps framed in the big windows panning side to side - -loved it. still have this on my list of ballads i'd like to do in MB :)

Great thread about Boston's show! I've been wondering... now I know pretty much all about old Phantom shows and what Rachmaninoff everyone digs... guess I'd better call my kid if I want to know about the actual show, or check them out when they're in town next week.

I'm too old to follow these threads the way you young people dart all over the place - I always assume the thread will be about what the subject line says and end up all hurumphled.

Carry on.... more good Rachmaninoff talk... can't get enough...

I think BAC's program coordinators that took over last year (which is actually a return for them) is a great thing for the corps. It gives them an opportunity to have a unique image, and that's what I'm looking forward to this season from them.

In general, I feel like many of the WC corps are "finding themselves" in a positive way. . .Blue Stars, BAC, etc.