Boston Crusaders 2010

This sounds like an absolutely BEAST show. I haven't heard much about them, anyone wanna give some info? :tongue:

Here's corpsreps link for show and music, YouTube that stuff, it's some sick choice music, especially Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini.

Thy Kingdom Come

GO BAC!

They are up in NH working on their show and they are huge. Should be enjoyed by all. Go BAC.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think BAC's program coordinators that took over last year (which is actually a return for them) is a great thing for the corps. It gives them an opportunity to have a unique image, and that's what I'm looking forward to this season from them.

In general, I feel like many of the WC corps are "finding themselves" in a positive way. . .Blue Stars, BAC, etc.

Agreed. I also appreciate that during the last three seasons, the corps' programming has included some recognizable drum corps masterpieces as well as some brand new literature that has never been done on the field before. What a great way to appeal to us legacy fans while also challenging these current members with brand new compositions......a nice blend, imo.

And, the Shostakovich.......I fell in love with this drum corps when they were playing this stuff in 1977!!!!!!! I can still remember that INSANE rifle line in 1977....... :tongue:

I can't believe there's a thread about Shostakovich's 10th symphony without bringing up by the youth orchestra of venezuela conducted by Dudamel. Look up the second movement on youtube and picture Boston playing it at that tempo and you can't help but get excited for this show.

In all honesty, Boston in the past 10 years has been very up and down with me. That said, their show this summer is one of the ones I'm most excited about seeing / hearing. I thought they hit on a winning show formula the last couple of years, and I'm glad to see they're sticking with it. :tongue:

Mike

Agreed. I also appreciate that during the last three seasons, the corps' programming has included some recognizable drum corps masterpieces as well as some brand new literature that has never been done on the field before. What a great way to appeal to us legacy fans while also challenging these current members with brand new compositions......a nice blend, imo.

And, the Shostakovich.......I fell in love with this drum corps when they were playing this stuff in 1977!!!!!!! I can still remember that INSANE rifle line in 1977....... :tongue:

Yes great show. They should of made finals. I remember fort Collins show the corp blew everyone a way, crowd went nuts.

Edited by emc2

I can't believe there's a thread about Shostakovich's 10th symphony without bringing up by the youth orchestra of venezuela conducted by Dudamel. Look up the second movement on youtube and picture Boston playing it at that tempo and you can't help but get excited for this show.

Oh yea, I've been watching that orchestra's version of Danzon No. 2. Great orchestra, and they pick good pieces to perform. I'm sure Boston's version of 10th Symphony will be great as well.

I'm sure Boston's version of 10th Symphony will be great as well.

FIXED! :tongue:

I really like the direction and program changes made since '08 :tongue: ...wonderful music choices, Boston.

I hope you build on last year's 7th place finish and I cannot wait to hear Shosty on those 80 King Brass. :tongue::cool: