OK, so it was just a parade

speaking of color guards and parades...what was with 7th regiments color guard parade uniforms? they looked unprofessional and those were some pretty ugly green shirts, not saying the guard is unprofessional because they are actually pretty unbelievable with a lot of talent, but man...

Wow! Unprofessional and Ugly! Don't hold back!

7th Regiment is one of about a trillion corps who put their guard in modified street clothes for a June parade. If I remember BOSCRU's guard last year, their field guard costumes could have gotten them arrested in some parades - not that anyone was complaining about them.

The guard wore a bright (neon) tee that splits the color spectrum between green and yellow, made a real contrast wit the corps' color scheme - I won't pretend to be a visual artiste to weigh in on the effectiveness. It certainly didn't bother me.

But I may not be as visually gifted as you are. I'm certainly not as good with words. Ugly? Unprofessional?

Glad it was just a parade. By the way - better keep your secret identity secret around those kids. One thing I observed in a whole bunch of years of working with the Hurricanes. Connecticut girls are not afraid to put a whooping on well, pretty much anyone.

Unprofessional? Wow. You have a real way with words. Not the right way in my opinion, but a way.

Edited by rayfallon

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only people who don't love the Crusaders are people whose fathers lost fights (and girlfriends) to them back in the day.

hehe... :sad:

Wow! Unprofessional and Ugly! Don't hold back!

7th Regiment is one of about a trillion corps who put their guard in modified street clothes for a June parade. If I remember BOSCRU's guard last year, their field guard costumes could have gotten them arrested in some parades - not that anyone was complaining about them.

The guard wore a bright (neon) tee that splits the color spectrum between green and yellow, made a real contrast wit the corps' color scheme - I won't pretend to be a visual artiste to weigh in on the effectiveness. It certainly didn't bother me.

But I may not be as visually gifted as you are. I'm certainly not as good with words. Ugly? Unprofessional?

Glad it was just a parade. By the way - better keep your secret identity secret around those kids. One thing I observed in a whole bunch of years of working with the Hurricanes. Connecticut girls are not afraid to put a whooping on well, pretty much anyone.

Unprofessional? Wow. You have a real way with words. Not the right way in my opinion, but a way.

I can agree with the use of unprofessional. We are used to corps carrying themselves in such a manner. I understand it more as a call against how the guard was acting, not against their dress, which I assume was set by staff.

my 2 cents

How did spartans guard look? Lenny Machado does indredible things with his crew every year!

They were in gorgeous uniforms, but the guard itself was pretty dirty i am assuming the guard will not be the carrying section this year as they have been when he was working with citations, and spartans guards from '07 and before years and they did lose quite a few members i heard in march/aprilish which they then trailed over to BAC.

But you are right Lennie Machado is an amazing instructor and can make anyone into a superstar

I can agree with the use of unprofessional. We are used to corps carrying themselves in such a manner. I understand it more as a call against how the guard was acting, not against their dress, which I assume was set by staff.

my 2 cents

It is totally just a remark against their attire. that little corps carries themselves in an amazing mature manner and represent themselves almost as dignified as any world class guard would, so no....the guard was acting perfectly fine.

That's right. I just realized you were one of those bruts too. :sad:

:sad: True, I marched with "GIANTS" and I was there but this 15 yr old was thinking more about personal survival (off the field) and about "Conquest" ON the field. :tongue:

Edited by TennTux

:tongue: True, I marched with "GIANTS" and I was there but this 15 yr old was thinking more about personal survival (off the field) and about "Conquest" ON the field. :sad:

Ahhhh Conquest. We played that OTL in 68, but didn't do it justice like you guys did. You guys owned that tune.

:sad:

my 2 cents

Wow - did the kids act unprofessional in the Bunker Hill Parade? I missed it but if you say so...

that at least would explain the terminology.

:tongue: True, I marched with "GIANTS" and I was there but this 15 yr old was thinking more about personal survival (off the field) and about "Conquest" ON the field. :devil:

Although it's important to rmember that to you anyone over 5' 10" tall was pretty much a Giant.