Phantom audition

I strongly disagree. I mean, if a kid has "superb work ethic" then he/she won't be an average player. Kids with superb work ethics are superb players. :satisfied:

guess it depends on your definition of average. I just think there are tons of better players out there than a lot of the people who march drum corps, but they aren't willing to put in the effort and deal with the physical pain of a drum corps season.

Thanks a lot guys. I've also considered auditioning for the Cavaliers (total opposites, I know). But, I'm from Wisconsin and those two are pretty close.

Have you thought about also auditioning for Blue Stars or Madison since they can't be too far from you? I agree with the previous poster, if you really want to march next season, you should audition for more than one corps.

Have you thought about also auditioning for Blue Stars or Madison since they can't be too far from you? I agree with the previous poster, if you really want to march next season, you should audition for more than one corps.

I would also look at Blue Stars and Madison, both have upgraded their staff this year, and are set for GREAT seasons!

I've always been a huge fan of the ensemble sound that the Phantom Regiment produces. The opening to 2003 takes my breath away every time I hear it. Ever since I saw that show, I've always wanted to be a part of that sound. I've also considered the Scouts. I'm from the Milwaukee area so the Blue Stars are further than either Phantom or the Cavies.

guess it depends on your definition of average. I just think there are tons of better players out there than a lot of the people who march drum corps, but they aren't willing to put in the effort and deal with the physical pain of a drum corps season.

agreed. when I marched I was just an average player. but, I could march my butt off and was willing to put the work in. when the nerves hit and I bothched my audition, I was told - no worries, I like your tone, your range and I can teach you to play anything I want if you're willing to learn.

I've always said no one would believe how horrible some horn auditions actually are from people who make the corps. lol also depends on where you go. but yeah.

I've always been a huge fan of the ensemble sound that the Phantom Regiment produces. The opening to 2003 takes my breath away every time I hear it. Ever since I saw that show, I've always wanted to be a part of that sound. I've also considered the Scouts. I'm from the Milwaukee area so the Blue Stars are further than either Phantom or the Cavies.

Keep an eye on Scouts this year, I think you're going to see a big difference in their sound. Much of their new staff is the same bunch who shaped those beautiful brass sounds that Star of Indiana perfected. I have not heard them live this year, but have total faith in that staff.