Chase Community Giving (again)!

What a screwed up view of giving. I know many kids in corps haven't paid $3k for a summer of fun. Many come from families who struggle to pay what they can and the corps helps them by not making them pay full freight. The corps run all kinds of fundraisers to help themselves and subsidize the kids "tuition". Now here is a way they can get money without having to go back to the well of alumni and sponsors. Especially since this money isn't coming out of your pocket. All you have to do is vote!!! Plus, how many other charities does Chase help. Do you even know? I don't but being in the coprate world I know my company helps several very diveres organizations throughout our local community.

For cripes sakes get off your high horse and help! Id=f you are part of a solution your part of the problem. Thanks for your humanity.

And soccerguy. Ease up. You are amazingly negative. I am sure a lot of people on DCP have heard enough of your diatribes about eveything.

I'm not negative. Do you realize that by not making some kids pay full freight, as you say, that these corps are just raising their cost for the other members? If the corps needs X money from the kids to cover the cost, and some of them aren't paying X/150, then the rest of them are paying more, unfairly.

It's ok that you think drum corps is more important than some people having a roof over their head though. Everyone has their own priorities. Maybe you feel that drum corps means a lot to you, and poor people are unimportant and do not impact your life. That is surely a valid opinion to have. It would be nice if you would acknowledge that is what you believe though, and not try to twist it to give yourself the moral authority.

Hopefully your personal attacks will not get this thread closed.

Another few votes put's us into the top 200!

Please vote for the Crusaders!

http://bit.ly/bohNdR

I did!

ALL 20 of my votes went to drum corps. My wish is that everyone else will do the same. VK has less than 500 vote. We need at least 500 more to JUST make the bottom. SO many corps out there in need of money and only ONE more day left to vote.

Please vote!

Link for VK Vote

Also, go back to the list two pages back to see who else you can support. Thank you for supporting the activity!

Don't forget the Little corps !!!

Especially the ones that are just on the bubble - they need the money the most !!!

Some don't have the web presence of the bigger corps.

The top 150 should make it but all the corps from 151-250 need the votes the most...............

BOSTON CRUSADERS DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS...165th

BAC Vote Link :smile:

MUSIC CITY LEGEND (DCI/DCA) -- 197th Place

MCL Vote LINK :cool:

SUN DEVILS (DCI/DCA) - 234rd

Sun Devils Vote Link :thumbup:

Steer your votes and gift votes where it WILL count

Don't forget the Little corps !!!

Especially the ones that are just on the bubble - they need the money the most !!!

Some don't have the web presence of the bigger corps.

The top 150 should make it but all the corps from 151-250 need the votes the most...............

BOSTON CRUSADERS DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS...165th

BAC Vote Link :tongue:

MUSIC CITY LEGEND (DCI/DCA) -- 197th Place

MCL Vote LINK :tongue:

SUN DEVILS (DCI/DCA) - 234rd

Sun Devils Vote Link :tongue:

Steer your votes and gift votes where it WILL count

It looks like BAC and MCL got a good push today but no love for the Sun Devils ???

SUN DEVILS (DCI/DCA) - 237th place

Sun Devils Vote Link :wall:

This is a 3rd year corps that is making headway but needs money to buy some brass. They currently borrow the brass now.

I'm not understanding why some of these smaller and all-age corps have only a few hundred votes. Seems like they could garner enough of a push to get out the vote. Also would think that the DCP vote could help them out quite a bit. It's too bad -- I'm sure they could use the money.

Couldn't some of these corps launch a local campaign to get people in their community help them out? Well, I guess it's not as easy as it seems...

Crossmen now have 493 votes ... time is running out. Even if you voted for other charities you can still vote for Crossmen.

#chasegiving http://bit.ly/crQejX

We are ranked 381 and only the top 200 get awarded.

Edited by xbones7480

Crossmen now have 493 votes ... time is running out. Even if you voted for other charities you can still vote for Crossmen.

#chasegiving http://bit.ly/crQejX

We are ranked 381 and only the top 200 get awarded.

Got it. THanks for posting that. I was going by the previous lists in this thread, and it looks like the Crossmen were missed.