BD Rehearsal

This is not a review, per se, but I had the pleasure of seeing BD rehearse yesterday for a few hours as I was in Concord on business. Their show is going to be hot, and they are sounding really really good for june. Drumline is playing some nice hard book, with very fast and challenging sections (no cop out rolls), and brass has some very cool "BD moments". The drum parts in the opener are sure to please - watch for the neat syncopated dotted parts followed by split parts where half the snares play 16ths or 32nds on the ups, and the other half plays them on the downs, and the snare crescendo/decrescendo double-stop triplets in the blue rondo excerpts.

I think the fans are going to like this show! Go BD!

--Rick

w/Stp: especially the second part. :P

Hope you're still out here for BD Family Day 6/15. We'll be performing, too.

Hope you're still out here for BD Family Day 6/15.  We'll be performing, too.

What time does it start? I'll be checking out SCV's today.

5 in the afternoon.

see you at scv....

Hope you're still out here for BD Family Day 6/15.  We'll be performing, too.

What time does it start? I'll be checking out SCV's today.

lucky ######## :P

review!!!

The review? Let's just say my jaw still aches from hitting the pavement with what the a-corps still has to offer. If this show doesn't move them up (or even clinch the title), then it's because the others are significantly better. They certainly have a pretty big pit. There's a nice drum groove going in the 3rd movement, and the brass sounds great. The performance by the cadet corps and the a-corps were done standstill and not in uniform.

If anyone is brave enough, the A-corps will be doing a runthrough with drill and uniforms on June 19th in Angel's Camp.