Alliance & Corps Vets Performances

watched both last night...good stuff! looking forward to seeing corps from other regions too

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume the new "DCI Minnesota" show will be on the FN as well? Hoping to see the midwest corps on there since its my only chance to see them all until finals.

Can anyone confirm this? I would just look myself but for some odd reason the DCI web page isnt loading for me. :tongue:

Yes DCI MN will be on the Fan Network.

but...

The only DCA corps attending are MBI and Govies. Wish more were but thats all.

Yes DCI MN will be on the Fan Network.

but...

The only DCA corps attending are MBI and Govies. Wish more were but thats all.

Thats disappointing. Im glad to be able to see you guys and Govies but I was hoping for at least Kilties too, maybe even Vigilanties. Oh well, just have to wait till finals. :sad:

Edit for bad spelling.

Edited by skeptic

Just got through watching both CV and Alliances performance on the fan network. I will try very hard not to be bias since I have friends in both corps.

The demand level of the show is WAY up for CV. Looking at both shows, counting the metered rest , CV is moving around the field alot more and at faster tempos than Alliance is. If anyone doubts that go back through and watch both shows and count the metered sets and count the metered rest. Its pretty staggering.

I see where Alliance is going with their show. They are going to add visuals in the holds. Not a bad plan. Judges tend to give kudos to corps that have a lot of visuals so we will have to see how ALliance progresses with that.

I am not much of a drummer but CV drumline looked much tighter than I have seen in the past. I can see why they beat Alliance in drums. Both corps have a pretty solid hornline. Once they get more comfortable with the drill I can see the hornline scores going up for both corps.

Had I been a judge that night it would have been really hard to put one corps over the other. The half point could have fallen either way with me. Alliance was a bit cleaner overall but the demand of the show was not nearly the product CV was pushing. It will be interesting to see how these two corps progress during the season.

Well there is my review. I hope it does not offend anyone from either side. I enjoyed both shows very much. :sad:

dbl post

Edited by camel lips

Thats dissapointing. Im glad to be able to see you guys and Govies but I was hoping for at least Kilties too, maybe even Vigilanties. Oh well, just have to wait till finals. :sad:

The Kilties have a full corps camp on July 17th followed in the evening with a full field show performance as halftime for a Racine Raider's (semi-pro football team) game.

We always try to give back to the community at every performance opportunity, and try to do 2 halftime performances every season for the Raiders and the community. The Raiders play at Historic Horlick Field, the site where some of the greatest drum corps shows have ever been held.

On Sunday July 18th, the corps is in rehearsals all day in Rockford and will be in Phantom Regiment's "Show of Shows".

So, the corps has a busy weekend.

Just got through watching both CV and Alliances performance on the fan network. I will try very hard not to be bias since I have friends in both corps.

The demand level of the show is WAY up for CV. Looking at both shows, counting the metered rest , CV is moving around the field alot more and at faster tempos than Alliance is. If anyone doubts that go back through and watch both shows and count the metered sets and count the metered rest. Its pretty staggering.

I see where Alliance is going with their show. They are going to add visuals in the holds. Not a bad plan. Judges tend to give kudos to corps that have a lot of visuals so we will have to see how ALliance progresses with that.

I am not much of a drummer but CV drumline looked much tighter than I have seen in the past. I can see why they beat Alliance in drums. Both corps have a pretty solid hornline. Once they get more comfortable with the drill I can see the hornline scores going up for both corps.

Had I been a judge that night it would have been really hard to put one corps over the other. The half point could have fallen either way with me. Alliance was a bit cleaner overall but the demand of the show was not nearly the product CV was pushing. It will be interesting to see how these two corps progress during the season.

Well there is my review. I hope it does not offend anyone from either side. I enjoyed both shows very much. :sad:

Did either corps have a color guard? :-)

Did either corps have a color guard? :-)

Why yes they did! I forget to review that.

CV blew Alliance away in this category. Not even a close race there. Looking at the visual scores it seems CV won in all of those categories by a wide margin. Almost a full point.

Alliances claim to fame have been percussion and visuals. Seems someone at CV has taken note of that and found a way to beat them on that head to head. Hornline at CV has a lot of seasoned vets in it with 10+ years backing it up. They have a great book that is very challenging and with a bit of cleaning and adding of holes can very well have the full package this year.

I say this not as a cliché but its going to be a really interesting year between these two corps. Makes me sad that I am not there but happy that I get to watch these two battle it out all season.

Edited by camel lips

The Kilties have a full corps camp on July 17th followed in the evening with a full field show performance as halftime for a Racine Raider's (semi-pro football team) game.

We always try to give back to the community at every performance opportunity, and try to do 2 halftime performances every season for the Raiders and the community. The Raiders play at Historic Horlick Field, the site where some of the greatest drum corps shows have ever been held.

On Sunday July 18th, the corps is in rehearsals all day in Rockford and will be in Phantom Regiment's "Show of Shows".

So, the corps has a busy weekend.

No problem with that. Just wish I could see Kilties before Rochester is all!

Not sure if I can agree with the visual demand comment regarding the two. I thin Alliance has more demand in that category and are therefore dirtier. They do have periods where they are standing still, but when they move - THEY MOVE! I have NEVER seen a DCA corps run that much. The faster section of their second piece (perhaps the third) they're running throughout the entire percussion break. They were also running a bunch in their opener. I am assuming that when they get the rest of their show on the field (their show seemed much shorter than CV's) it will be easier to tell which groups is actually more demanding. With that being said, CV has raised their game a lot in terms of difficulty and execution. :devil:

I agree with you on the drumline comment. CV's drumline sounded a little cleaner... I am not going to go any further than that, as I am not a percussionist. It seemed like Alliance had more notes (not that that makes it better). As for the hornline, I think Alliance's is far and above CV's at this point. Alliance did not seem to have any major weaknesses in their line, though I agree both lines will improve as the season progresses. CV just sounded tired at the end, and I do not think it was because their drill was more demanding.

I do appreciate your opinions though, and I think you are right - these two may be fighting all season, which will make shows that much more interesting! :tongue: