Bowling Green Ohio Show

Tonight the Glassmen will host 5 other corps in Bowling Green Ohio - 20 miles south of Toledo, 100 and change north of Columbus (come you Cap Reg folks...a coke, a burger, and a candy bar...and you're here!) - 100 west of Cleveland, and 75 south of Detroit, 100 miles east of Fort Wayne -

Phantom, Bluecoats, Crossmen, Pioneer, Teal, and the Gmen - the parking will be VERY easy (stadium is WELL visible from I-75 - so just get off at the main BG exit and follow your drum corps sixth sense...), and the acoustics will be ideal (ie: outdoors!) - the weather will also be perfect. There was some rain last night - but it's out of the picture until Saturday. The heat has also abated - and it should be about 82 and sunny by start time. Also - it's not expected to be a windy day...I said NOT expected (great for guards!). :sad:

The drama: Will Pioneer's South African kids and Mexican kids be fully integrated into the show? Is this the first Crossmen show and how will they do? Will Teal Sound soundly rap Pio again? Will Glassmen edge out Phantom? Will Bluecoats wow everyone? Only way to REALLY know is to be there. :tongue:

Show STARTS at 8pm (hour before sunset...) - so arrive about 7 or earlier (box office opens in 4 1/2 hours...at NOON!) so you've got time to get great seats, and catch some great parking lot (actually, it's all grassy fields...very nice). Lots of fast food on the University strip - and some nicer sit-down places 1 mile away on main street (go west from I-75...) - Sam B's is highly recommended.

Also - let's get some 'buzz' going here...

I'll start: Bluecoats by 3 points -

Anyone else?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna go to this show but ended up not being able to. =(

I have relatives in BG, I've been there a few times, the stadium is REALLY nice. I always love visiting, the venue is a great place for drum corps.

I'm calling Scouts pass Glassmen, Bluecoats by 2 points, we'll see if Phantom can close that gap...

Go GLASSMEN!!

Jeez how did I miss this show announcement??

I feel like an idiot since I live in Columbus, am a BGSU grad and DCI alumn (go Scouts). And I will be in BG this weekend! Like I said ... idiot.

Sounds like a great show and the OP is correct, parking could not be easier. Drumcorps in the Doyt??? Who knew?

Good luck to all of the corps! After the show, head just a bit West on Wooster Street and look for Myles Pizza. Seriously good chow.

I was gonna go to this show but ended up not being able to. =(

I have relatives in BG, I've been there a few times, the stadium is REALLY nice. I always love visiting, the venue is a great place for drum corps.

I'm calling Scouts pass Glassmen, Bluecoats by 2 points, we'll see if Phantom can close that gap...

Go GLASSMEN!!

No way in hell madison will beat them there.

Scouts would have to be there for that to happen. :sad:

I decided on not paying like $20 fro 6 june corps when i am paying $25 to see like 13 at Kzoo but i am going down to watch the groups in the lot.

No way in hell madison will beat them there.

Scouts would have to be there for that to happen. :sad:

I decided on not paying like $20 fro 6 june corps when i am paying $25 to see like 13 at Kzoo but i am going down to watch the groups in the lot.

Yep, here is the line-up for tonight:

Glassmen - Toledo, OH

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

I guess you're presuming the Bluecoats watched movies all day.

i never said that. PRs problem was their drill and they fixed alot of it. If you are going to freak out about that stay away from the predictions topics.