Madison Scouts 2010 Cymbal Discussion

It's generally understood that cymbal positions are tenuous in modern drum corps. One wanting to pursue such a position should have in mind that such positions may be relatively few, and expendable. The biggest concern I have in this affair is that the Scouts have been admitting or failing to produce members that have integrity. To take this personal issue to a public forum is illustrative of a certain lack of class that I have never associated with the Madison corps. So either the corps is failing to send alumni into society with decent character, or a few members here and there fail to live up to the character I know the corps has historically instilled in members. I tend to think it's the latter. So there were four members of the cymbal line and we now know that the particularly disgruntled one is teaching high school. If I'm reviewing that person's resume, why would I would want to hire someone or give them a role when I can see how ill-prepared they are for how both drum corps and life in general often work? Was this marching member guaranteed a position until age-out? I don't know if the Scouts require their members to audition each year, but what if this person lost his position to someone else. How disappointing that this person would want to come in here and spoil everyone else's excitement about the young drum corps season and to exhibit such a lack of class to a corps that had provided him such a wonderful opportunity.

If that were the situation I wouldn't be posting it here. I fail to see how discussing something I feel strongly about hurts my character. I have not bad mouthed my corps, I have only presented my feelings toward an action.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that were the situation I wouldn't be posting it here. I fail to see how discussing something I feel strongly about hurts my character. I have not bad mouthed my corps, I have only presented my feelings toward an action.

You laid yourself out and your feelings about MS...

You should be at Crossmen or SCV if you have a mad love for marching plates..

I along with the other males got pushed out of VK when they went all female for their James Bond show... I auditioned for MS and ended up with a would championship..

Pick up your toys and move on if you need to be a cymbal player......

I never once knocked VK for eliminating the males from the guard...

You need to stop your bit!@#$%, if you have any self respect and feel the void elsewhere instead of starting this bogus thread..

20 years as a cop has taught me to never sweet the small stuff.. live, learn, grow up..

Edited by Cop

Matt, I don't think I attacked anybody. An unfortunate choice of words on your part. Second, your premise is groundless. What makes you think I am either a fan or an alumnus of the Scouts?

MMMMMM your quote and spats picture.

duh.........

Matt, I don't think I attacked anybody. An unfortunate choice of words on your part. Second, your premise is groundless. What makes you think I am either a fan or an alumnus of the Scouts?

MMMMMM your quote and spats picture.

duh.........

Apparently the Madison Scouts are also teaching that when the corps is attacked, fans and alumni should attack the messenger.

Defend was the word you were looking for. Maybe our backs are raised a bit from the constant drive-by sniping we endure, and threads like this provide people with more opportunities to do just that. We, as alums, feel the need to defend the organization from the perpetual misrepresentation and spin we so often see on here. Not sure why that is so unreasonable.

I don't think I've seen anyone on here attacking this former member. Unless you considering contesting his assertions as untrue.

This is so blown out of proportion, it's mind-boggling. I'm sorry...is this the first time this has happened in drum corps? I must have been sleeping under a rock for the last many years. How DARE the Blue Devils cut their cymbal line!! Oh...wait...I mean, how DARE Phantom cut their...wait...how DARE Cadets cut--

You've missed the point. It's not about cutting the cymbal line.

"lied to me"

"disrespected me"

"ultimate middle finger to me"

You made a fool out of yourself and you did indeed bad mouth a drum corps....

Exactly what did I say. If saying that I feel disrespected by something is badmothing so be it. But I harbor no ill feelings towards my brothers and the entire staff