Is it just me ?

It's funny - "scary good" are exactly the words I used to describe them to my husband the other night.

Very strong writing and execution across all sections, which is impressive as heck to see so early in the year. (It looks like a mighty strong year for all corps with Blue in their name!) Congrats to the 'Coats crew for putting together such a fine show, and best of luck to the kids throughout the season.

Cheers!

Karen

Edited by kstein

I can't see this show peaking. There is ALOT still to fix. I am sure they are well aware of what happened in 2007 and have learned from that. I am thinking this show will be a top 3 show at the end of it all and will be a crowd favourite.

Let's go BLOOOOOOO!

It's early yet, and there is the history of 2007 to provide a cautionary tale...but this is the first time in the last four years where all the elements are aligned and the corps is moving in a unified artistic direction. (These are my opinions only...) The players are responding to outstanding veteran leadership and the always top-notch staff instruction. This corps BELIEVES in each other, and the attitude is different: they are fully invested in the show, which plays to their strengths as musicians and allows for continual visual improvement. Incredibly clean for June, but they can grow. As i've mentioned in another thread, I'm trusting the show has enough growth potential to really let them keep their foot on the gas.

It's a marathon, not a sprint, though. True tests will come when they're head to head with DCP's anointed heavyweights: how the Bluecoats respond to the challenges of taking a punch...but more importantly, how they themselves punch and counterpunch.

All that being said, I believe in Six Words.

To answer the main question:

This is the first time in as long as I can remember where the ENTIRE staff has been retained from one year to the next (in terms of caption heads). The drill writer was given more than two days notice this year (unlike last year), the brass staff is amazing (as always), the drum staff is working wonders, and the GUARD. The guard has quite stepped up their game this year. A pretty even split between vets and rookies, but they're all rocking their work and will continue to "get it". That being said, the kids are loving this momentum, so I don't think the spirit will be on shortage anytime soon.

tl;dr - Expect big things.

The Coats are on fire better look out. Might peak to early tho.

As a member of the 2007 corps...yeah...that part scares me. The 2007 corps was dripping with talent...

And I think my section (the contras) was pretty decent that year :blink: Although, we got the love for it.

Edited by jts5032

As a member of the 2007 corps...yeah...that part scares me. The 2007 corps was dripping with talent...

And I think my section (the contras) was pretty decent that year :blink: Although, we got the love for it.

Pretty decent? No offence, but you've gotta be drugged or something if you thought you guys were pretty decent. The BC 07 Contra line was what pushed me to switch to tuba and inspired me to work towards marching drum corps...you guys were simply amazing in 07, amazing show, amazing contra line. :blink:

Pretty decent? No offence, but you've gotta be drugged or something if you thought you guys were pretty decent. The BC 07 Contra line was what pushed me to switch to tuba and inspired me to work towards marching drum corps...you guys were simply amazing in 07, amazing show, amazing contra line. :blink:

Great to hear. Jason and my son both marched that year; my son's a four-year ageout on this year's line.

Was wondering if you'd seen their show; contras seem fiercely strong again..