Is it just me ?

I can't wait for Ewing, NJ for them and Crown for a head to head!

What do you guys think the results will be for their first match up?

Great to hear. Jason and my son both marched that year; my son's a four-year ageout on this year's line.

Was wondering if you'd seen their show; contras seem fiercely strong again..

Note that this year's section has 4 players from that 2007 line...and one of them still has a year to go! 2007 was a great mix of experience and new, young talent. This year is no different: 8 players have 2 or 3 more years left AFTER THIS ONE. It's another great mix of experience and young talent.

Great to hear. Jason and my son both marched that year; my son's a four-year ageout on this year's line.

Was wondering if you'd seen their show; contras seem fiercely strong again..

The tubas/contras ARE strong again, as they have been at the Bluecoats for the past few years, but let's give credit where credit is due...DOUG THROWER the brass arranger.

Many corps have talented tuba players, but if I were a tuba player today I would want to go to a corps where I know my talents will be put on display. I can't think of a better place than Bluecoats.

(And with this show that goes for any brass player, drummer, front ensemble or guard member!)

Note that this year's section has 4 players from that 2007 line...and one of them still has a year to go! 2007 was a great mix of experience and new, young talent. This year is no different: 8 players have 2 or 3 more years left AFTER THIS ONE. It's another great mix of experience and young talent.

I will tell you publicly, my friend: you have a great deal to do with the strength of that section. Thank you.

The Bluecoats Tuba/Contra (whatever you want to call them) section is straight ridiculous this year. The book given to them is incredibly meaty, filled with split parts and pedal tones. They're also loud as hell. While I do have some bias toward this line, I still think its pretty apparent that this line is the real deal.

Bob Rocks

I said in an earlier post, CADETS, CROWN and BLUECOATS are my favorites this year. All three have perhaps their strongest shows ever (or in along time), and

are strong across the board. They are at different levels of performance now being early in the season but personally think these are all going to be in the TOP 4 in august. Time will tell.