Stockton Sauna a.k.a. Drums Along the Equator

JUNE 27th, 5:30p (though I'm guessing they'll delay the start by at least a half hour due to oppressive heat)

A.A. Stagg Memorial -- University of the Pacific

Stockton, CA 95211

San Francisco Renegades - San Francisco, CA

Blue Devils C - Concord, CA

Blue Devils B - Concord, CA

Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA

Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

Troopers - Casper, WY

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Blue Devils - Concord, CA

Best show this side of Ripon. $20 gets you a great seat inside the 40s (Stanford is more than twice that). Of course this year we miss out on SCV and PC...Darn you DCI and your scheduling shenanigans!!! It will be fun regardless.

I'm guessing it will be over 100 degrees at start time. Can't wait to see all the corps! Review to be posted probably around midnight.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JUNE 27th, 5:30p (though I'm guessing they'll delay the start by at least a half hour due to oppressive heat)

A.A. Stagg Memorial -- University of the Pacific

Stockton, CA 95211

San Francisco Renegades - San Francisco, CA

Blue Devils C - Concord, CA

Blue Devils B - Concord, CA

Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA

Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

Troopers - Casper, WY

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Blue Devils - Concord, CA

Best show this side of Ripon. $20 gets you a great seat inside the 40s (Stanford is more than twice that). Of course this year we miss out on SCV and PC...Darn you DCI and your scheduling shenanigans!!! It will be fun regardless.

I'm guessing it will be over 100 degrees at start time. Can't wait to see all the corps! Review to be posted probably around midnight.

i don't know that Stockton is as much a sauna as San Antonio is right now, I'll take your word for it!! Humidity Sucks!!! Anyway was great to see these great corps from the Stanford webcast and I wish tonight was broadcast too!! Oh well, GO BK, get Classical Baby!!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Anybody know if the show is being delayed?

Anyone.....anyone....

Anybody know if the show is being delayed?

Anyone.....anyone....

Last year, they didn't announce anything. They just let us sit in the hot stands for an extra hour wondering what the heck was going on.

Honestly, if you are there early enough to sit in the shade of the box, it isn't that bad. The walk across the asphalt parking lot was the worst. Take plenty of water with you.

Man it's hot here! I just saw a quad player burst into flames!

No word on any delay yet...drink lots of water.

Cali.

Weather.com reports that its 101 in Stockton right now. Probably much hotter at field level.

Ok I take it back.... San Antonio is definitely NOT Hotter!! Carry on!!

Wes P

Weather.com reports that its 101 in Stockton right now. Probably much hotter at field level.

Only 101?

Pansies... :rolleyes:

Edited by tja273

the Stockton show was ALWAYS the hottest one of the year when i was marching... even hotter than the shows we had in Modesto... crazy...

and yeah, it's really hot at the san antonio show (i went in 08) but the stockton show is MUCH hotter. trust me

as for 101 not being THAT hot, yep that's totally true. there was a stretch of about 15 or so days in 06 that were all above 110, and we were STILL rehearsing ALL day. i think about 10 or so people in our county died because of the heat, too... (none in the corps. don't worry. lol)

(this was in Modesto, btw)

Edited by Gbassman5