Fan Network

This summer I'm working and living at Cedar Point to make some money... and while they do offer internet, it is incredibly slow.

In the past the Fan Network had a loading bar that allowed you load the entire video and skip to any part you wanted once it was fully loaded (similar to the one you can use on youtube).

But now they have a system that is constantly loading from the starting point of where you clicked and doesn't give you the ability to skip around the video once you have it loaded. Whenever I use the Fan Network I am basically waiting for the video to load while only getting bits and pieces of video at a time. I am unable to just pause the video, wait for it to load, and THEN watch and skip around the entire video as I please (as if I were on youtube)

So my question is: Is there any way to go back to the past system of loading? Or is my internet just slow enough where it doesn't matter?

I've only had the Fan Network for a couple days, so it could be that my internet is just too slow for it to matter. But if anyone more computer savvy than I would like to help me out that'd be sweet.

- Thanks!

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

I'm guessing it's your internet connection. I haven't had any trouble skipping around.

I have dumb internet in Afghanistan as well, and I'm having the exact same problem. I simply do not understand why every video website doesn't work like youtube. I have the same problem on most news sites as well. Just let me pause it, load the video for 30 minutes, and then watch! Since you can't do that this year, I basically wasted $59 on a FN that I can't even use. Thanks for nothing, DCI.

My qualm is the audio quality ( and picture quality) so far...

I have found myself spending more time on unnamed free sites watching HD videos of the same competitions. The VODs are horrible quality. Even the stuff they post through FN that is already on Youtube is watered down. You can go to youtube.com/TheCavaliers and then watch the FN video and you can literally hear a huge difference.

I can skip around, pause, go back to see something again, whatever. I'll ask if it's a thing with a slower connection and let you know.

I do think the move to Flash only versus WMV really sucks . . .but, then again, I'm streaming from a HTPC to a TV, so any drop in quality is noticeable.

Wonder what precipitated the change?

Probably more compatibility between different operating systems, etc.