Corps at the Crest - Walnut, CA

It's alright. It's folks like this that make the bell curve accurate.

G

There will always be people who have a bias towards their "home team", etc. I'm fine with that.

I marched the entirety of my Star of Indiana years as a "hated" person/performer. That was arguably not so much in deference to a "home team", likely more just pure hatred towards Star in general.....anyways I don't care....and I never did care about it.

I have NO regrets....and I wouldn't change anything about it if I was given the chance.

Spare me the internets, and whatnot, I witnessed extreme vitriol on a personal/nightly basis, and it only made me tougher and stronger. If there exists a performer in a corps that is actually affected by such things and opinions, they seriously need to firstly question themselves. Otherwise, please just sack up and rise to the occasion.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, back then everyone was at Whitewater. And most of the top 12 was at 1 or more of the other big shows too.

Whitewater was the only show that year where all top 12 were there. Now all top 12 are at Minneapolis, San Antonio,

Atlanta, and Allentown.

I'm sure they would rather ignore the bad comments and say I am sorry you didn't like this years show, but do you like the pretty ring on my finger.

If you are a guy, never ask another person...." do you like the pretty ring on my finger ".

It's all matter of taste.... but in my view, a guy who asks me if what he is wearing is " pretty " or not, really doesn't want to hear what I'm inclined to tell them.

But again, I do understand that there are guys out there that want me to look at what they're wearing, and tell them if it's " pretty " or not. I understand that there are all sorts variations of men in this world. It's just that they have to understand that I'm really not interested in commenting on the prettiness of what a man might be wearing , that's all.

Edited by BRASSO

... utilized sling snares, and marched timpani?

Well the poster marched in the mid 80's so these would not be relevant. :thumbup:

If you are a guy, never ask another person...." do you like the pretty ring on my finger ".

It's all matter of taste.... but in my view, a guy who asks me if what he is wearing is " pretty " or not, really doesn't want to hear what I'm inclined to tell them.

But again, I do understand that there are guys out there that want me to look at what they're wearing, and tell them if it's " pretty " or not. I understand that there are all sorts variations of men in this world. It's just that they have to understand that I'm really not interested in commenting on the prettiness of what a man might be wearing , that's all.

Why do you assume I was talking about a guy? There are many women in the Blue Devils.

None of those shows had all top corps performing every year.

Not quite accurate.

DCI EAST and DCI MIDWEST in many years in the 1980's were all corps prelim/final shows.

Well, it was either US Open or Key to the Sea. Was there a pitcher's mound involved?

Garry in Vegas

Pitchers mound I think was Canton OH

Why do you assume I was talking about a guy? There are many women in the Blue Devils.

Well, I assumed you were talking about a BD marcher " guy ", because you were talking above on this thread about " USC"..... and " football players working relentlessly " ( similar to BD in your analogy ).... and " football Coaches" doing this and that ".... and how you'd like BD to be" beating the guys in the East " and so forth.

So naturally, one would not think that after such comments you'd mmediately pivot and were referring to the BD " gals" in BD with their rings. And my guess still is.... you wern't.

Edited by BRASSO

Well, I assumed you were talking about a BD marcher " guy ", because you were talking above on this thread about " USC"..... and " football players working relentlessly " ( similar to BD in your analogy ).... and " football Coaches" doing this and that ".... and how you'd like BD to be" beating the guys in the East " and so forth.

So naturally, one would not think that after such comments you'd mmediately pivot and were referring to the BD " gals" in BD with their rings. And my guess still is.... you wern't.

Well we were talking about a comment made by someone who said the Blue Devils show made them throw up a little bit in their mouth and how many people didn't like the comment because it was disrespectful to the members but I have to say you are taking it to a whole new level. I am secure enough to say I think something is pretty. I know who I am and those kinds of things don't bother me but if they bother you I am sorry.