Blue Devils - Concord, CA

Troopers - Casper, WY

Cascades - Seattle, WA

Open Class

Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA

Spokane Thunder - Spokane, WA

Start Time: 7pm

Weather: High 86, Low 60, 0% chance of rain

Most interesting battle - Blue Knights and Santa Clara Vanguard....how close will it be??

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Line-up:

World Class

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Blue Devils - Concord, CA

Troopers - Casper, WY

Cascades - Seattle, WA

Open Class

Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA

Spokane Thunder - Spokane, WA

Start Time: 7pm

Weather: High 86, Low 60, 0% chance of rain

Most interesting battle - Blue Knights and Santa Clara Vanguard....how close will it be??

Yeah I think Ogden gets a pretty decent storyline coming to them tonight. Who would think BK vs. SCV would be something mentioned in the same sentence before the season started? I am interested in this show big time and BK beating SCV would be a first for the corps. My prediciton realistically?

1) BD- 84.95

2) SCV-82.00

3) BK- 81.80

Would not be surprised to see BK top SCV, but we'll see!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

I am interested in this show big time and BK beating SCV would be a first for the corps.

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

They never have? That would be really cool if the could!

In 2006 they finished 7th just over 2pts behind SCV in 6th but I guess they never finished above them at anytime during the season.

They never have? That would be really cool if the could!

In 2006 they finished 7th just over 2pts behind SCV in 6th but I guess they never finished above them at anytime during the season.

Same thing in '99 and '00. They came close at a few shows (within a point) but never climbed over them. Most tend to forget that while BK was 7th in '99 and 6th in '00 they were actually 5th out of Quarterfinals both years. #### semis was their undoing. Anyway, the only other time I could think where it could've happened (beating SCV) would be '94, but I doubt it! Hopefully they will be SCV tonight, that would send shockwaves through drum corps for sure!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Can't wait for tonight-should be a thrilling throwdown. My aunt and uncle traveled up there from Vegas to see the show-hopefully I'll have some news from the stands...GO BK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same thing in '99 and '00. They came close at a few shows (within a point) but never climbed over them. Most tend to forget that while BK was 7th in '99 and 6th in '00 they were actually 5th out of Quarterfinals both years. #### semis was their undoing. Anyway, the only other time I could think where it could've happened (beating SCV) would be '94, but I doubt it! Hopefully they will be SCV tonight, that would send shockwaves through drum corps for sure!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

The closest that BK came to beating SCV was probably this instance:

7-21-2005, Dallas, Tx.

SCV- 82.80

BK- 82.65

7-21-2005, Dallas, Tx.

SCV- 82.80

BK- 82.65

Yeah I figured it was in Texas. They were neck and neck through that part of the tour. I remember all my firends in the stands in Amarillo saying- There's no way BK beats Phantom- Then after both went, they changed their tune. SCV went on and half way through the show I was like, BK IS GONNA BEAT EM, then came Adagio for Strings and I was like, ummmm ok BK is not beating SCV. :thumbup: The next show was the Dallas show and they came real close. Thanks for the research!

Wes P

BK '97 '98

7-21-2005, Dallas, Tx.

SCV- 82.80

BK- 82.65

Sorry misread, wow in '05 I forgot about that. I'll have to see the gap in '00 which is the one I was referring to.

Wes P

7-21-2005, Dallas, Tx.

SCV- 82.80

BK- 82.65

6-26-92 Sacrameto, CA

76.4 SCV

76.3 BK

6-26-92 Sacrameto, CA

76.4 SCV

76.3 BK

WOW I knew they were close in the early 90s a few times but 1 tenth? Man, I really don't know my history do I?

WP