A drop of Cavaliers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Other groups got with the program and started designing shows like they did, and the talent level of other corps (performers and staff) is improving every year and spreading around to different groups. Same thing happened after the BD dominance of the 70's and the Cadet dominance of the 80's, one group innovates and the rest catch up to them.

to me, their shows are all very similar. They havent really "updated" the style, other corps have.

same could be said of BD, but for some reason they keep winning.

Have to call BS on this one. Mirrors, chairs, I find their shows move visually innovating that most. Not to say that I did not really enjoy PR's Spartacus. But, I don't remember seeing innovation on a recap sheet....

mirrors and chairs are props yes, but from a marching and musical standpoint I honestly haven't heard anything different from 02, but that's just my opinion.

a dark show in 07, a crazy show in 08, an old twist in 09, and a jazzy show in 10. yup all look the same to me o wait they dont.

I have been wondering this for a while. It boggles my mind somewhat. What happened to the early 2000's dominance that Cavaliers had? Each and every year up to and including 2006, they placed 1st or 2nd.

The Cavaliers aren't done yet this year. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

a dark show in 07 (with the usual jazz music), a crazy show in 08 (with the usual jazz music), an old twist in 09 (with previously used jazz music), and a jazzy show in 10 (with...oh wait, jazz music). yup all look the same to me o wait they dont.

Cavaliers-a james bond show in 04, a show about chicago (with jazz) in 05, a show about machines in 06, a show with billy joel music in 07, a show about samurai in 08, a show about mountain climbing in 09, a show about a mad world in 10; all with different pieces and arrangments utilizing different styles from jazz to orchestral to film scores to popular to taiko, etc, etc.