Congratulations to the Blue guys

Having marched many years ago in a corps that others strove to beat. I've witnessed the exuberance other corps have felt in achieving something extraordinary in their organizations history.

Congratulations to the Blue Knights and Bluecoats on besting an iconic drum corps as well as one of the expected corps to beat (SCV and Crown).

Regardless of the outcome at the end of the season. Cherish these moments. You're setting the drum corps world on its ear.

Enjoy!

Rob

Blue Devils 81-85

Having marched many years ago in a corps that others strove to beat. I've witnessed the exuberance other corps have felt in achieving something extraordinary in their organizations history.

Congratulations to the Blue Knights and Bluecoats on besting an iconic drum corps as well as one of the expected corps to beat (SCV and Crown).

Regardless of the outcome at the end of the season. Cherish these moments. You're setting the drum corps world on its ear.

Enjoy!

Rob

Blue Devils 81-85

Bluecoats beating Crown isn't really anything new or extraordinary in the organizations history... In fact since the year 2000, Bluecoats have beaten Crown at finals 6 years out of 10. Crown only beat them in '00, '07, '08, and '09. While Coats came out on top in '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, and '06.

Edited by baristeve

Bluecoats beating Crown isn't really anything new or extraordinary in the organizations history... In fact since the year 2000, Bluecoats have beaten Crown at finals 6 years out of 10. Crown only beat them in '00, '07, '08, and '09. While Coats came out on top in '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, and '06.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Crown has beaten Bluecoats at finals (and throughout season, with the exception of '07) for the past three years. Are you saying beating a corps that barely missed out on a gold medal last year is not a big deal for what was a sixth-placed corps? I know you're a homer, but take a compliment when it's given to you.

I figured it would've been 3 pages before the confrontations. [sigh ]. You guys are ridiculous. Sorry for posting accolades.

Let me be more explicit than since read comprehension is not a pre-requisite here.

Congratulations to the Bluecoats for topping the Carolina Crown, one of the corps to beat in 2010.

Enjoy your moment.

Oh good, you're back.

Oh good, you're back.

I'm sure he's going back to 1990 and counting how many shows Coats have beaten Crown :P

Way to go Blue and way to go BK. Thanks for keeping things interesting and best of luck the rest of the way!!!

Well, actually... I was thinking the same thing.

Some people are making it sound like the Bluecoats just came out of nowhere and started beating top notch corps. Hello! They've been doing that for a few years now, folks. Just because they've been ending up in the middle of the pack that past few years doesn't mean they haven't been putting up a fight. Bluecoats are just as "iconic" as Crown is.

I've been a HUGE 'Coats fan for a while now so it came as NO surprise to me that they beat Crown, but to put it in the same context as BK beating SCV? I'm just not buyin' it.