The Minneapolis Mash-Up

Based on arrival times, looks like a lot of them won't be doing much practice before TCF. MN DCI Fan isn't wrong about the proximity of the schools, but double-check the arrival times:

Blue Stars and Pio arrive crack of too early on day of show. If there's early practice, it's not going to be all that major. The corps likely to be worth checking out all arrive in the early parts of Friday or before. That said, I'd think SCV at Roseville is going to be one of the best targets, along with Spirit at Champlin Park. For anyone coming from or located in the south metro, possibly swinging through Lakeville South (Cavies) and Farmington (Phantom) isn't a bad separation between the schools. Owatonna's a bit of a haul from the metro, but if someone isn't from the metro or is already south and is very enthusiastic, might also be worthwhile to check out Crossmen. Lakeville-Owatonna can often be done pretty quickly depending on construction status.

Blue Stars will be rehearsing for 3 days here in La Crosse, WOOT!, starting Wednesday. I'll be at the La Crosse show Fri and DCI MN the next day, I'll do updates inbetween shows as much as possible. It's my birthday weekend! Gonna lat down and roll around in the stench of drum corps !!! :tongue:

I am coming, driving in from St Louis on Friday night (9 hours I think) Siting in the OC3 section.

Kinda same situation for us, Tony. The old lady and I are taking Friday off and gonna head up to the Metrodome Holiday Inn in Minn Friday morning. We're sitting in OC3 as well!

This is going to be her first drum corps show EVER, and the woman is beside herself with excitement. :tongue:

Oh you KNOW I'll be there! I get to introduce my girlfriend to drum corps on Saturday night. Quite the show for a first timer, eh?

I've been looking forward to a big Minnesota show for a long time and to have one 5 miles away is pretty freakin' sweet!

...and to have one 5 miles away is pretty freakin' sweet!

Hey Nate, since you're so close, thought I should ask you..

Weather.com is calling for highs in the upper 80's with an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday. What's your local forecast saying???

Edited by HollywoodNeoCon

Don't trust weather.com for the upper midwest. Their coverage up here for weather stations/satellite is weak.

Current forecast here is 20% chance, not 80%. Although I'd also say in this part of the midwest, t-storm forecasts over 3 dasy out need to just be shrugged at. Storm cells don't tend to be that long-term or stable.

wunderground.com taps into the better satellite network for upper midwest weather if you want a site to watch. A lot of their sources are actually run out of Burnsville, MN.

Hey Nate, since you're so close, thought I should ask you..

Weather.com is calling for highs in the upper 80's with an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday. What's your local forecast saying???

Hollywood, locally there is no indication for rain on Saturday; it currently shows high of 82 and partly cloudy; HOWEVER last weekend I went to the Twins game at Target Field (which is unbelievable by the way) and the forecast said a 60% chance of thundershowers all day. I ended up getting burnt pretty bad because we were out in the sun all day. There were no signs of rain; it actually rained all day the next day. Bottom line is that weather in Minnesota is too unpredictalbe to predict even a day or two before. We'll all just have to hope for no rain. But my prediction is that the competition will go on without a hitch!

I am coming, driving in from St Louis on Friday night (9 hours I think) Siting in the OC3 section.

Hey, Tony!

Good to know that you will be there. My plan is to arrive on Friday and rest up for Saturday. Still looking for tickets, though.

Hope we can meet and catch up. Mike wishes he could come but is working hard to prepare for Allentown and Indy. Morris might show up, since he is not far from you.

Call me on Friday evening during a driving break, ok?

Ron Gunn