The Minneapolis Mash-Up

If I were home, I'd say, "break out the smilies"

For now:

l_3b7d946957271bde5c9aba0d52e383b2.gif

OH, and Danica... she's hot:

peak13.jpg

:ph34r:

Geno, I've got pics that blow Danica out of the water

So? Not like the corps' themselves aren't pumped as well as fans in the stands (and shelters and bars). What else is there to do -- I mean everyone came for a nite of drum corps. Let the show go on.

I'm wondering how relevant the scores (and perhaps performances) will be with all the start-stop, disrupted warmups and mental-readiness stuff, as well as judges clarity with all the delays and changing conditions / gaps in time.

If you check out the weather site there are tornado warnings/watch until 11:00. As a parent of a corps member somewhere in the hockey rink, my vote has to go to the safety of the kids - not the patrons of the show. There are more shows - Sorry!

It was after 3am when the show finished at the US OPEN in Marion Ohio, in 1977 !!!!

But at least we finished it !!!

Many on here remember that night !!!

I was in a "run off" show that was well past midnight myself... now THAT was awesome! :ph34r:

We ducked out for home when they pulled Phantom. Up here at home (north metro) there are trees down all over the roads. It is definitely not a night for brass or beast. I haven't seen them formally call the show yet, but it may just be to try to keep people from leaving.

As we left, BAC were coming up University to the stadium, and Bloo were doing a parking lot warmup. I hope when it opened up, Bloo weren't in no-man's land!

So? Not like the corps' themselves aren't pumped as well as fans in the stands (and shelters and bars). What else is there to do -- I mean everyone came for a nite of drum corps. Let the show go on.

I'm wondering how relevant the scores (and perhaps performances) will be with all the start-stop, disrupted warmups and mental-readiness stuff, as well as judges clarity with all the delays and changing conditions / gaps in time.

TRUE..

If you check out the weather site there are tornado warnings/watch until 11:00. As a parent of a corps member somewhere in the hockey rink, my vote has to go to the safety of the kids - not the patrons of the show. There are more shows - Sorry!

shouldnt that be avant "garde" ??

G

(Calistar @ Jul 17 2010, 08:27 PM)

let me re-state...lets get these kids (who are in buses) to safety (somewhere indoors).

and...

I am a little shocked to hear people concerned about whether the show will continue or not...

that is secondary at this point....I know everyone knows that, it just sounds...bad.

Cali.

Sorry. I misunderstood. My son says they are in an ice rink and ok. We are drilled in Tx to never remain in a vehicle during a tornado. I'm glad no one is trying to outrun the storm.

Has Minneapolis not reconsidered their 10:30 pm noise curfew now that they have two major outdoor stadiums? What happens if a University of Minnesota football game goes into overtime or a Twins game goes into extra innings? I'm not griping because the show isn't going to finish. The field is lost for any kind of drum corps for tonight, ordinance or not. I'm just saying that now that they have a college football stadium and a professional baseball stadium that are open air venues, that it might be time to rethink that ordinance.