Hornell

Enjoyed my first time cheering for my son at the DCA level. The show in Hornell was excellent. I have been there several times watching the Patriots and the announcer was much better than the last time we were there. Just a few personal thoughts.

Loved all the corps there. They all really impressed me. I think it was the first time I have ever seen Corps Vets & Hurricanes and both were impressive. I was impressed with Grenadiers and it gave me hope that maybe Drum Corps is not totally dead in Canada. Exhibitions by Spartans (welcome back!), The Mighty St. Joes - always a class act!, and Jersey Surf.

The highlight of the night was definitely Empire Statesmen. I can honestly say I have never been so entertained by a show in my lifetime (and that is a Longgggggg time!) of watching corps perform. This show is phenominal and if you have a chance to see it, run don't walk. Their rendition of OZ is magical and I was amazed and truly entertained. Bravo!! Brass, percussion and guard were all amazing. :smile:

Big show for such a small town. All the corps were on their "A" game. Corp Vets were Smokin' But I didn't understand the two drummers coming from both sides of the field and jumping in... half way through the show. Were they late? Hurcs were loud and the guard was big and right on. Empire was unreal. They really know how to entertain. Jersey Surf was a great addition to an already super show. A wonderful evening of total entertainment. I don't mean to slight the other corps but this is not meant to be a review, just a few comments. Thanks to whatever group that ran the show, well done and the food was very reasonable.

Big show for such a small town. All the corps were on their "A" game. Corp Vets were Smokin' But I didn't understand the two drummers coming from both sides of the field and jumping in... half way through the show. Were they late? Hurcs were loud and the guard was big and right on. Empire was unreal. They really know how to entertain. Jersey Surf was a great addition to an already super show. A wonderful evening of total entertainment. I don't mean to slight the other corps but this is not meant to be a review, just a few comments. Thanks to whatever group that ran the show, well done and the food was very reasonable.

My understanding is that several of the battery are new and only started learning drill last week. They marched the parts they knew of e show. If you noticed, a horn player did the same thin, same reason.

Corp Vets were Smokin' But I didn't understand the two drummers coming from both sides of the field and jumping in... half way through the show. Were they late?

I would be willing to speculate they were coming in late to the season and were marching what they knew.

My understanding is that several of the battery are new and only started learning drill last week. They marched the parts they knew of e show. If you noticed, a horn player did the same thin, same reason.

Thats Jerald beating me by 2 min :)

Enjoyed my first time cheering for my son at the DCA level. The show in Hornell was excellent. I have been there several times watching the Patriots and the announcer was much better than the last time we were there. Just a few personal thoughts.

Loved all the corps there. They all really impressed me. I think it was the first time I have ever seen Corps Vets & Hurricanes and both were impressive. I was impressed with Grenadiers and it gave me hope that maybe Drum Corps is not totally dead in Canada. Exhibitions by Spartans (welcome back!), The Mighty St. Joes - always a class act!, and Jersey Surf.

The highlight of the night was definitely Empire Statesmen. I can honestly say I have never been so entertained by a show in my lifetime (and that is a Longgggggg time!) of watching corps perform. This show is phenominal and if you have a chance to see it, run don't walk. Their rendition of OZ is magical and I was amazed and truly entertained. Bravo!! Brass, percussion and guard were all amazing. :tongue:

Come to Jamestown on July 24th. to see Empire to the OZ again.

I'll come check it out Carl..... :tongue:

I've seen Empire twice now and they are worth the price of admission to a show. They have the total package this year and will challenge Bucs for the title. BUT--the last piece of the puzzle as far as "slotting" goes for DCA will be in Jamestown, NY on Saturday, July 24th. A great show with Empire going at it with Minnesota Brass--and Carolina Gold, White Sabers, and Sun Devils knocking heads for Class A positioning. Makes for a very good show.

I just wanted to say what an awesome audience Hornell was!! It really makes you march that much more confident when you have an awesome audience cheering you on!! :rolleyes: