Why is everyone eliminating the Cavaliers from medal contention?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you asked earlier in the season, I'd say you would find more people that wouldn't think they would medal. But, from what many people have said the past week or so, they have vastly improved, so I think most would consider them in contention.

I haven't seen their show, but just based on scores I think they're locked into 5th.

Come on!

On DCP forums the east coast corps have the most 'honks'.

I'd bet that most of them think, no believe, that even Boston will beat the Cavies this year!

We need to beef up the 'honks' for the Midwest corps and get everyone believing in things we know are true.

Of course the Cavies can medal this year....but, it is going to be tough and close.

Heck, there might even be a couple of corps from the Midwest in the running for the medals!

:rolleyes:

Come on!

On DCP forums the east coast corps have the most 'honks'.

I'd bet that most of them think, no believe, that even Boston will beat the Cavies this year!

We need to beef up the 'honks' for the Midwest corps and get everyone believing in things we know are true.

Of course the Cavies can medal this year....but, it is going to be tough and close.

Heck, there might even be a couple of corps from the Midwest in the running for the medals!

:rolleyes:

The only midwest corps that have shot at a medal this year are The Cavaliers and The Bluecoats. Phantom does not have a guard to even come close this year (unfortunately). I honestly feel like The Cavaliers have a better shot than the Bluecoats because of their show and their visual package. I know that they have been beating Cavaliers all season so far, but I don't think the bluecoats show has much more legs to last them.... just my opinion.

The reason people were eliminating the Cavaliers from medal contention at the beginning of the season was because of all the staff changes. Nobody knew what to expect with the new brass staff, so just to be safe, they placed them low in their rankings. That way, if they stayed there, they could brag about being right, and if the corps placed higher than they predicted, they could be pleasantly surprised.

The only midwest corps that have shot at a medal this year are The Cavaliers and The Bluecoats. Phantom does not have a guard to even come close this year (unfortunately). I honestly feel like The Cavaliers have a better shot than the Bluecoats because of their show and their visual package. I know that they have been beating Cavaliers all season so far, but I don't think the bluecoats show has much more legs to last them.... just my opinion.

Obviously I am a Phantom Phan, and sadly I will agree on the CG issue. I can only hope for something major to change there, but we are in agreement with the Bluecoats.

I like what the Bluecoats are doing right now, and I have seen them live - not just on Fan Network.

But, as you stated, I have the feeling that the Cavies have a lot more things they could change without throwing off the whole program. I love the guard work. I love the horns doing rifle drill. But I miss some of Cavies signature (well lately signature) drill moves - twisting line work, hops, and spins. I can see the program changing quite a bit before Finals.

Carolina is right there too. Not sure what is happening to them right now, but I know they will work it out and come back stronger in the next few days....just a feeling.

Havent seen Blue Devils and the mirror work yet, but we can bet it is exciting. Their horn work is always fantastic and the guard is hard to beat.

BD, Bluecoats, Cadets, Cavies - any 3 of them could medal BUT I always watch for the one corp in the next group of 5 that just might get their program working and sneak in there at Finals.

Because jumping to uninformed decisions early on in the season has been perfected to an art form on here! Me included! :rolleyes: