Any one see the Troy show?

The show was only 45 minutes long, with no exhibitions. And I was a little put off with the announcement that July is early for drum corps, please bear with the corps while thry get thier feet wet.

It sounded like an apology for what we were about to see.

:cool: On that announcement as each corps played a complete show.

:ph34r: To all the competing corps (even though there was only 3). We and all the other corps worked our butts off in unbearable heat to perform in this show. Thanks to Excelsior for putting on this show and hopefully it will get larger as time goes on. It was a great weekend!!

AND ............ it was a blast playing a victory concert !!!!!!!!!! :wall:

Edited by msjbass

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before anyone goes off wondering about the 45 minute show and only 3 corps... I apologize in advance if anyone posted this and I missed it - BUT - it was a free show, no admission... I thank the sponsor for making this opportunity possible to the class A corps.

before anyone goes off wondering about the 45 minute show and only 3 corps... I apologize in advance if anyone posted this and I missed it - BUT - it was a free show, no admission... I thank the sponsor for making this opportunity possible to the class A corps.

If you suddenly found yourself with an hour to do anything, could you think of a better way? NO !

Kudos to the corps, the sponsors, DCA, the judges, and the spectators. That was a win - win - win - win situation.....

What Tom and Joe said.

A judged performance opportunity...for three corps that otherwise might not have been performing this weekend... is a very good thing!

Plus, it got Dick Pomerleau out of the house for the day. :cool:

What Tom and Joe said.

A judged performance opportunity...for three corps that otherwise might not have been performing this weekend... is a very good thing!

Plus, it got Dick Pomerleau out of the house for the day. :cool:

Just generally proud that this would happen!! GO DCA GO...and those sponsers are something else!!! :ph34r::wall: :wall: :smile:

Just generally proud that this would happen!! GO DCA GO...and those sponsers are something else!!! :cool::ph34r::wall: :wall:

We were happy to be there and perform in front of a new audience. We had a great time. Thanks to the sponsors and the host corps and school for the accommodations. Thanks to the White Sabres for a fun encore, and kudos to the guy in the pit who was jamming on the keyboards and interacting with us in the audience.

The crowd (even though it was small) gave us good feedback (which doesn't always happen for a small corps-esp. at other shows where the people are there to see the big boys).

yep, that's what she said! :cool:

OMG - Russ just made a "that's what she said" joke.

Congratulations to all the corps.

Special kudos to Donel and the Excelsior team for hosting the show.

Hopefully the new kids got a taste of what it's about, and Ex can continue to grow.

---------

ONWARD AND UPWARD!

EX-cellent!

Edited by stuckvalve