Wichita Watering Hole

Back when I was marching in the late 90s Troop was TINY. Their contras were hardcore though. They would one-arm their horns all the way out of the stadium.

I will never understand this. Troopers are in ICON in drum corps. They were top 12 last year. How is it that they keep having recruiting problems and putting out a 100 member corps? It might be more than 100 .. but still, I only see 20 guard and that's imagining 2 behind the front panels.

You kids out there sitting on DCP that didn't make your favorite corps at auditions this winter ...... y'all need to be marching and Troopers is a great place to start, stay and finish.

:thumbup:

And I'll repost it here, just in case some miss it.

boxingfred Performance level is high for Bstars. Brass is just on fire tonight.

2 minutes ago via web .

boxingfred My last tweet was dropped. Bstars are very exciting

4 minutes ago via web

Alas your eyes are deceiving you. Troop is FULL this year! Bigger than last year.

Troop has 30+ in the guard.

I counted about 69 in the brass in that photo. (give or take a few)

There are SEVERAL guard members on the front sideline doing a flag change. You can see them clearly if you blow the photo up. I'm sure that is why they look smaller. The photo was taken during an equipment change.

r u saying Troop has 150 on the field in that picture? Not taking the time to count everyone in the picture but they LOOK small, which is hard to pull off with 150 on the field.

Thanks once again for the updates, BoxingFred!

And Thanks go to dstemet for the great pix.

Edited by Mellofello01

r u saying Troop has 150 on the field in that picture? Not taking the time to count everyone in the picture but they LOOK small, which is hard to pull off with 150 on the field.