Pro Football Hall of Fame Festival Show

Starting to hear a few horns with feet in the sound during the closer.

MUCH better block rotation! Crowd liked it, too. They also like the silk pulled over the corps with praying hands on it. Donny's on his feet, and the rest of the crowd follows. Great job, Pioneer!

Awesome thanks Kevin! And now I'm good for the night until scores are announced lol

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next up on the field is Spirit from Atlanta, Georgia. Their 2010 program is entitled "Forging an Icon" and consists of:

Piano Concerto No. 1 by Emerson, Keith

Symphony No. 5 in Bb Major by Prokofiev, Sergei

Prelude (from Psycho) by Herrmann, Bernard

Brooklyn Bridge by Daugherty, Michael

Serenada Schizophrana by Elfman, Danny

It's weird to see the two drum majors set up on the 40s instead of one DM on the 50. I'll have to find out if that improves tempo issues.

Corps starts with the drum line on a quick intro, then the horns come in, facing backfield, with a Georgia quote, before turning front for the first big hit.

The synth bass is powerful, even through the glass. It doesn't fill the gap below the tubas you think it does, because it just doesn't blend with the horn sound.

"Forging. Icon." Not sure why they thought that was necessary.

A very percussive show so far. Drum line had another quick feature shortly after the opening statement.

Twitter Comments about Pioneer:

ChrisWanko: Pioneer! http://tweetphoto.com/36671707

chadg: Best part of watching Pioneer? Watching Roman Blenski clap on 2 & 4. (I seriously busted out laughing after reading that)

gregbrock: Biggest, most confident brass sound I can remember hearing from Pioneer. Nice show.

kevingamin: Pioneer in action at #DCI #Massillon: http://ping.fm/kfPHY

chadg: Seriously, Pioneer sounded WAY better tonight versus Atlanta.

I'll try and do this for all the corps for those of you who aren't fans of Twitter but like reading the comments.

Into the Prelude from Psycho. I like the trumpets on mute for the melody. Half of them are standing on the short stepladders used by the guard to "forge" their "icon".

HUGE chord to finish the opener! Crowd loves it.

Heh, nice dipping hot metal into water sound, with accompanying visual effect in the horns and guard.

Not getting as much low brass as I would like. They've got 12 tubas, should be ringing through to the box.