Fitness in Drum Corps?

Im not accusing anybody of anything at all, please don't flame me at all because I love all corps (except blue devils I liked em pre 90's) I've never auditioned or marched DCI so forgive me if I'm out of line. Here's my question

Whenever I hear about corps I hear about people coming back with tans and 6 or 8 packs and fed on a 4000 calorie diet. However I am a big time Cavaliers fan and everything along with being a fan of every other corps out there (except BDs) so forgive me for asking but whenever I look at them they all look the same in height and in size they look identical. To where I could say they could all buy the same size of pants and save money. Im just curious, but along with all male, when they select people, does height have anything to do with it??? (forgive me for asking) and also they are all super fit looking, what is their fitness regiment like?

(once again i'm a big time cavalier fan so please don't flame me for asking, it's just that It kinda pondered me when I watched Machine)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they are not all the same height. Their uniform is designed to make it look that way from the box.

No, they are not all the same height. Their uniform is designed to make it look that way from the box.

Oh ok, that makes alot of sense, see there, the DCP keeps me from jumping to conclusions

These days the "fitness" aspect has strayed away some, but on the flip side corps are incorporating more exercises/Sports Medicine. So, I think it all balances out. That has nothing to do with your asking about the uniform...but that's what I thought of.

Me being an Athletic Training major, from what I've heard, the Cavs have the most advanced Sports Medicine section in all of DCI. They have Doctors, and quite a few medical personnel on staff.

To reply to the fitness side: I would agree that ANYone who marches for a season will lose weight. It depends on the person as to how much. But, it is always very interesting when you can walk around and pick out people who've marched corps for a summer. Look for ridiculous tan lines...and well...that's about it! :worthy:

These days the "fitness" aspect has strayed away some, but on the flip side corps are incorporating more exercises/Sports Medicine. So, I think it all balances out. That has nothing to do with your asking about the uniform...but that's what I thought of.

Me being an Athletic Training major, from what I've heard, the Cavs have the most advanced Sports Medicine section in all of DCI. They have Doctors, and quite a few medical personnel on staff.

To reply to the fitness side: I would agree that ANYone who marches for a season will lose weight. It depends on the person as to how much. But, it is always very interesting when you can walk around and pick out people who've marched corps for a summer. Look for ridiculous tan lines...and well...that's about it! :worthy:

heh heh the tale tale sock tan

It stands to reason that an all male corps would have a smaller height variation than other corps.

Although now that I think about it the Cavies do seem more uniform in height than Madison. But perhaps Madison has a greater age variance.

How is it that in a topic inquiring about the selection process and fitness programs of corps, you find it necessary to mention (twice) that you don't like the Blue Devils?

I mean really, what does that have to do with anything other than to throw in some extra negativity for no particular reason. :worthy: