Manchester NH show

I came in late to the (Manchester) show and saw only the last 2 corps...

However, heres my impressions;

Blue Saints: Doing the best they can with the numbers and the age of their members. I was surprise to enjoy them. Only 10 horns, sometime tentative but I understand the challenge to start new members with no musical experience.

Drums were often over balance and to my taste, sometime have to many notes to play considering the melodic line. They look as the strongest section of the corps.

The show itself look too serious for me. I believe if you do not have the kids to pull of a "serious" show, you should choose accesible music.

Stentors: Good job. Despite 41 rookies (63 members) and a young corps, they do a good job. Accessible music gets the crowd going for them. They could use more confidence and experience. They do not have a "real" climax for now but the horn have a good sound in the softer passage. There is timing problem here and there.

Every new day give them time to learn to play and march. As they move in on June 25th, those 41 rookies had an average of 7 days of drum corps prior to the move in.

If they can keep in the right direction, they have a bright future ahead. For now, isn't it the best part when the kids enjoy themself, are impress by a stadium and a crowd cheering for them and have fun doing what they do? Not only do they have fun but you can see they do!

Blue Saints: Doing the best they can with the numbers and the age of their members. I was surprise to enjoy them. Only 10 horns, sometime tentative but I understand the challenge to start new members with no musical experience.

Drums were often over balance and to my taste, sometime have to many notes to play considering the melodic line. They look as the strongest section of the corps.

The show itself look too serious for me. I believe if you do not have the kids to pull of a "serious" show, you should choose accesible music.

Stentors: Good job. Despite 41 rookies (63 members) and a young corps, they do a good job. Accessible music gets the crowd going for them. They could use more confidence and experience. They do not have a "real" climax for now but the horn have a good sound in the softer passage. There is timing problem here and there.

Every new day give them time to learn to play and march. As they move in on June 25th, those 41 rookies had an average of 7 days of drum corps prior to the move in.

If they can keep in the right direction, they have a bright future ahead. For now, isn't it the best part when the kids enjoy themself, are impress by a stadium and a crowd cheering for them and have fun doing what they do? Not only do they have fun but you can see they do!

I saw the Stentors In Bridgewater. that was their first show and it was enjoyable. very good actually for a first out with that many rookies

Holy crap, Stentors is marching 63 members? That's crazy... I seem to remember seeing them last year with barely over 30 members, doing a standstill for most of the show. I'd be interested in hearing how they did so much recruiting in so little time.

41 of 63 members are rookies, meaning 22 are returning members. Not bad for a corps I only remember having a little over 30 members to begin with.

They all did a great job with their shows. The crowd was very receptive and involved.

Cool exhibitions from a mini corps Mass Brass, a senior corps The Boston Crusaders and the host corps The Muchachos as well. Great show!

They all did a great job with their shows. The crowd was very receptive and involved.

Cool exhibitions from a mini corps Mass Brass, a senior corps The Boston Crusaders and the host corps The Muchachos as well. Great show!

Cool video! Thanks for doing that. Interesting to see Spartans have a 'smaller' battery this season.

That looked like a fun show. Good crowd and good weather!

Cool video! Thanks for doing that. Interesting to see Spartans have a 'smaller' battery this season.

That looked like a fun show. Good crowd and good weather!

BFDTV Loves Drum Corps! It was a great show.

Great video - thanks for sharing it with us.

Mark, looks like you and the Blue Saints team are sporting a good looking snare line this year.

Michael

Holy crap, Stentors is marching 63 members? That's crazy... I seem to remember seeing them last year with barely over 30 members, doing a standstill for most of the show. I'd be interested in hearing how they did so much recruiting in so little time.

41 of 63 members are rookies, meaning 22 are returning members. Not bad for a corps I only remember having a little over 30 members to begin with.

I believe we have visit 11 high school, taking between 15 minutes to 1 hours depending on how much the music teacher would allow us with his kids. We talked about drum corps and showed DVDs.

We did that 2-3 days a week for 10 weeks between January and April.

I would estimated that our recruiting team talk to approx. 2500 kids about drum corps and the Stentors. Only by group of 25-30 in their music/dance class room.

We have collect between 800 and 900 names/phones numbers.

We have called those name for the January camp + February + March + April + May camp...

Many time we hit a recording machine.... we'd call back till we could talk to someone.

Many time a kid told us he would be there for the camp but never show up. We would call again for the next camp.

Many time kids told us they were interested but couln'd come for THIS camp. We would call again for next camp.

All around we probably did 3000 phone calls in 10 weeks.

We have invest approx 10 000$. Mainly on our team of 3. They did get paid but only for "how many bodys would walk in". No mather if they'd make the summer or not (the kids). No mather how many school they visit (staff) or how many phone calls they maded.

148 kids came at least to 1 camp.

That's what we did to turn the corps around... well at least for recruting purpose. Many more have been done in many other capacity!