Special congratulations to Members and Staff of Forte D&BC!

Yeah, I know that our guys aren't World Class (just yet!) as far as DCI classifications go. But I put this here because ANY corps deserves the honors due their first DCI performance! Bravo, Forte--good job, and push on!

Special congratulations are in order for the members, staff, parents, supporters, volunteers and everyone else associated with the Forte Drum and Bugle Corps. Forte debuted in their FIRST EVER DCI show on Monday night in Wichita, Kansas with a score of 65.45 in Open Class competition!

I remember my first drum corps show in Clearwater, Florida back in 1992 with the SkyRyders. It was GREAT! I remember that experience more than my first show with Phantom Regiment in 1994, so I know the Forte members will take the memory of the last 24 hours with them for the rest of their lives! It is a magical experience to hear the crowd cheer your simply walking...er, MARCHING onto the field of competition! And it is one that the members of our young, though PROUD, organization can now draw on going forward.

Good job, and kudos to each and every member and their parents and fundraising supporters who helped them get to this point. And kudos to the entire staff including Corps Director Chris Green, who has worked TIRELESSLY to get the organization to this point! Good job to one and all, and we look forward to seeing you guys this week in Texas!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know that our guys aren't World Class (just yet!) as far as DCI classifications go. But I put this here because ANY corps deserves the honors due their first DCI performance! Bravo, Forte--good job, and push on!

Special congratulations are in order for the members, staff, parents, supporters, volunteers and everyone else associated with the Forte Drum and Bugle Corps. Forte debuted in their FIRST EVER DCI show on Monday night in Wichita, Kansas with a score of 65.45 in Open Class competition!

I remember my first drum corps show in Clearwater, Florida back in 1992 with the SkyRyders. It was GREAT! I remember that experience more than my first show with Phantom Regiment in 1994, so I know the Forte members will take the memory of the last 24 hours with them for the rest of their lives! It is a magical experience to hear the crowd cheer your simply walking...er, MARCHING onto the field of competition! And it is one that the members of our young, though PROUD, organization can now draw on going forward.

Good job, and kudos to each and every member and their parents and fundraising supporters who helped them get to this point. And kudos to the entire staff including Corps Director Chris Green, who has worked TIRELESSLY to get the organization to this point! Good job to one and all, and we look forward to seeing you guys this week in Texas!

yeah...first ever with the name forte, dont kid yourself

Exactly. And wait to congrat yourself when you come out in the middle of box 4.

That said. Go forte.

well considering the fact they have had the same amount of practice time but probably more than the corps which have already competed however the other corps started their competition season weeks before they did so if they are "that amazing" to think they would bust out mid to higher 70's...nothing more extradonary with this corps than other corps in the middle to lower half of open class, there is nothing at all to brag about. and you mean lower end of box 4? box 4 starts with the 70...they got 71.

On the negative side...Gametimeon50...shut the F up....

on the positve side...2 snaps in a twist with a Z pattern...Good jobs kids, good job staff and founders for getting to the field when so many annouced and where never heard from again...

It is amazing how unsupportive and negative some people can be on these forums. Congrats Forte! I look forward to seeing your show at Rice Lake.

Congratulations to the members and staff of Forte! In today's society where it is hard to find motivated young men and women who want to put in the amount of time and effort of drum corps (not to mention the financial contributions required), we all should be rooting for all of the corps. I bet they would have loved to have a show before July 19 and that was not a decision which was up to them. Frankly, having been involved in the activity as a member of a top twelve corps and a staff member myself, in some ways it was probably a lot harder to keep the members motivated and focused without a show. Furthermore, the judges had their first read on the show which also affects the scoring.

All that said, but the bottom line is congratulations and best wishes to Forte and all the corps who are on the road this summer learning more about themselves, more about music and entertaining all of us in the process!

Jay

its more a less a shot at the organization on the director side for changing their name to get out of debt? unfair is the word. look at what the spartans did, now that is a true organization with heart, integrity, and balls, and they will be the first to say that it has not been easy im sure of it.

its more a less a shot at the organization on the director side for changing their name to get out of debt? unfair is the word. look at what the spartans did, now that is a true organization with heart, integrity, and balls, and they will be the first to say that it has not been easy im sure of it.

If you have a beef with the Memphis Sound organization, you should probably aim your remarks at the Memphis Sound board of directors.