Jumbotron Distraction in Minneapolis

On Saturday, July 17, the Jumbotron in the Minnesota TCF Bank Stadium was making a constant whirring noise - similar to a window air conditioning unit. It was a distracting presence. The large electronic screen is continuously cooled by obtrusive noise.

Though the Jumbotron had interesting Dan Potter interviews between corps and carried a few ads for Indianapolis, the constant noise cast a shadow over the product on the field.

I would rather listen and fully hear the music.

Do you want the big TV turned off next time DCI visits Minneapolis?

On Saturday, July 17, the Jumbotron in the Minnesota TCF Bank Stadium was making a constant whirring noise - similar to a window air conditioning unit. It was a distracting presence. The large electronic screen is continuously cooled by obtrusive noise.

Though the Jumbotron had interesting Dan Potter interviews between corps and carried a few ads for Indianapolis, the constant noise cast a shadow over the product on the field.

I would rather listen and fully hear the music.

Do you want the big TV turned off next time DCI visits Minneapolis?

I think I'd rather see a show as opposed to rain. A jumbotron was the least of our worries.

I think when I build a drumcorps only stadium when I hit the lottery, I will include the Minneapolis jumbotron, the Pasadena lights, the Foxboro elevator, and the Indianapolis retractable roof (which I won't allow to be opened) just to make everyone's viewing more enjoyable :tongue:

I think when I build a drumcorps only stadium when I hit the lottery, I will include the Minneapolis jumbotron, the Pasadena lights, the Foxboro elevator, and the Indianapolis retractable roof (which I won't allow to be opened) just to make everyone's viewing more enjoyable :tongue:

The foxboro elevator? :tongue:

Edited by 2000Cadet

I was sitting in the Outdoor Club Level and didn't notice any distracting noise coming from the Jumbotron. I also didn't notice a sound when I was under it watching the Blue Devils rehearse on Friday night.