159 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win drums?

• Blue Devils
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Bluecoats
    • Cavaliers
    • Cadets
    • Carolina Crown

ehh i feel as though the judges are gonna side with phantom even IF they are in the 7-8 range (which i doubt they will be). cmon guys, you cant shut out CLEANLINESS! it just affects people in a way that it HAS to be rewarded.

So, are we assuming if BD gets clean by Finals, they have no shot? Their book is the most demanding one out there, but not as clean as Phantom yet. It may be closer than everyone thinks come finals night. I'd be happy with either as both programs are quality all around!

And I think to assume Crown wins Brass again would be seriously overlooking Cadets, BD and Bluecoats. Any of those 4 can take the trophy home at finals!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, are we assuming if BD gets clean by Finals, they have no shot? Their book is the most demanding one out there, but not as clean as Phantom yet. It may be closer than everyone thinks come finals night. I'd be happy with either as both programs are quality all around!

And I think to assume Crown wins Brass again would be seriously overlooking Cadets, BD and Bluecoats. Any of those 4 can take the trophy home at finals!

hmmmmmm, thats debatable..

I'd bet a healthy chunk of that demand isn't there on finals night....which will help bring up their score.

I understand what some of you are saying about if PR goes on really early the judges will have to leave room for other lines, etc. And that makes perfect sense. Quite stupid, but makes sense. But, wouldn't you also think that by Finals night, especially with two nights prior to that with all of the top 12, that the judges have seen all the lines enough to know that if PR plays a good enough show they can be pretty confident of the rest of the lines after them and give them the score they deserve?

(By the way, Coats are going to win drums.) :tongue:

Phantom has the best drumline. That's a fact. The corps as a whole isn't scoring high enough for the judges to give them an accurate drum score. For that reason they probably won't be allowed to win.

As of San Antonio, 7th ranked Phantom Regiment had high drums overall in DCI which includes both nights. BD was second, Coats 3rd.

DCI judging is stupid.

It seems reality is in conflict with your opinion.

Edited by wvu80

As of San Antonio, 7th ranked Phantom Regiment had high drums overall in DCI which includes both nights. BD was second, Coats 3rd.

It seems reality is in conflict with your opinion.

Wow, don't you read? we're talking about winning drums at finals. We're not talking about who's doing well now. Things change at finals. DCI judging does suck.

Wow, don't you read?

Thanks for the clarification of what you are.

I won't make the mistake of replying to your posts again.

Wow, don't you read? we're talking about winning drums at finals. We're not talking about who's doing well now. Things change at finals. DCI judging does suck.

DCI judging was amazing a week ago when Scouts were within 1.5 or so of Blue Stars and BAC. Just sayin.