Denton TX

..... no one was in Denton????

I WAS!!! But I didn't see everybody... it was a good show though.. :)

I WAS!!! But I didn't see everybody... it was a good show though.. :)

Ahhh... the life a volunteer. Been there. I helped CPI for two weeks and only saw 3 out of 7 shows. I guess 3 is better then none.

Jay Mendoza was there, he should put up a review *hint hint, jay*

Stef

While you didn't see everybody, you did see me and I saw everybody. I was too busy taking pictures to take notes for a review. I did enjoy all the performances alot. Pictures are on corpsreps.com

Great photos, as usual. The last Blue Stars one is my daughter. Are you sure you can't sell prints, or should I not go there?

Jay Mendoza was there, he should put up a review *hint hint, jay*

Stef

There were corps, many in number. They played music. Also, they marched.

:grouphug:

But for reals, I'm still avoiding typing in an (apparently futile) attempt to recover from Cubital Tunnel Syndrome. All of my DCP posts are written using MacSpeech Dictate, which, at least with my microphone, performs quite poorly. More often than not I end up literally spelling out my posts using the international radiotelephony spelling alphabet (alpha, bravo, charlie, etc.), which is about as fun as it sounds. I spent about two hours writing my Dallas review last week, as succinct as it was. I don't see myself writing another one anytime soon.

I hope that didn't come off as rude; I guess I just needed to vent.

I was there but I just wrote a review for the Edmond show. Very briefly of the corps I saw starting with Revolution:

Revolution: Wow, I really don't get their theme. I thought it was really awkward and just bizarre.

Crossmen: Don't remember much about it now except that they had some horn issues.

Madison Scouts: They were great that night I thought. I still think they need to change that ending (and I think they will very soon.)

Blue Stars: Great, great show by them that night. I think they were the most "on" of all the corps tonight. Houdini is really shaping up to be a memorable show. Now if they would just take my advise and re-stage that final illusion...

Carolina Crown: I think they had somewhat of an "off" night in the brass. I heard some phasing and other issues. The ending is still weak. They need to fix that. One of my favorite shows this year.

Cadets: First viewing of them live. I thought all the Jeffrey antics were pretty fun on the fan network, but seeing them live, I think it was a little too much. I only say this because of the Jeffrey flags and one other thing which I forgot what it was since it has been several days since I attended this contest. I love their show this year! They seemed to have an off night also, but George said he thought they had a good night...The guy next to me pointed out that George Hopkins was standing in the stands in front of the railing, right on the 50 yard line, not caring that the people behind him in seats couldn't see. I couldn't tell from my seats (on the 40) whether the people behind him could see or not so I didn't think much of it. It is funny though how some people (this person was an obvious Cavies homer) will look for something to complain about no matter what. Don't get me wrong, the guy was a really nice guy, but obviously biased. We talked about a lot of things drumcorps related, and we agreed on most everything except he doesn't like Crown's show at all (probably my favorite show this year.) Moving on...

Cavaliers: I felt like their marching was still a little sloppier than what we are used to from them. It wasn't as bad as last year's show, but it did seem "off" (as almost everyone did tonight.) Standing ovation after their "this is my rifle" tune with the soloists and such...Okay, so it was me and the guy next to me, but it was still a standing ovation...can't remember if the crowd joined in or not but I'm pretty sure they did...it has been a few days as I said before. They have the program to overcome the Blue Devils this year, but I doubt that will happen, as much as I would like to see it happen...

Overall, the corps were MUCH louder here than they were in Edmond and I think that it had a lot to do with the stadiums. The Edmond show only started last year, but I'm not sure I will be going next year. That stadium just seems to suck up sound too much. Guess I'll have to start driving to Broken Arrow again... :grouphug:

Edited by Cardman

Cavaliers: I felt like their marching was still a little sloppier than what we are used to from them. It wasn't as bad as last year's show, but it did seem "off" (as almost everyone did tonight.)

I agree with this. I felt that the Cavaliers (and most others, sans Blue Stars, who were great) performed better in Dallas.

I also don't like how close the pit and DM are to the wall in that stadium. It seemed to affect pit projection significantly.