How close is DCA to having amps/electronics?

Tell you what, Fran, we'll give it a try.

You can introduce me at the Alumni Spectacular.

My script starts out with "In the beginning...."

:thumbup::worthy::worthy::worthy:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what, Fran, we'll give it a try.

You can introduce me at the Alumni Spectacular.

My script starts out with "In the beginning...."

and ends with "And on the Seventh Day, he said 'Let there be EVERYONE'"

and ends with "And on the Seventh Day, he said 'Let there be EVERYONE'"

Then....She rested. :thumbup:

Then....She rested. :thumbup:

And ever since, neither God NOR man has rested!!!! :worthy:

Since I'm no longer a fan of what DCI does because of some of the utterly rediculous changes they have and want to make I don't know who these four (4) new Open class Corps are. Would you please be so kind as to tell me (us) who these four (4) new Corps are?

On another note I kind of resent your use of the word "hater" towards those who have an opinion different from the people who have turned the activity into their own money pit. And your assertion that crowds are hugh and/or "sold out" is not true. There are very few shows where there are hugh crowds (DCI EAST and the other regionals maybe) and I have NEVER seen or heard of a "sold out" Drum Corps show, and I've been involved (and still actively participating) in the activity since 1953. Since time "in memoriam" Drum Corps show sponsors have wanted, no NEEDED all of the revenue they can get their hands on to pay the exorbitant fees and expenses they incur to put on a Drum Corps. Please be more accurate with what you seem to be referring to as "facts".

Go to dci.org and you can see the newer corps.

DCI Dallas was totally sold out on Thursday. There were no more seats available on the concert side. I talked with the head of the band boosters club and he verified that this was true. They even sold seats on the back side for $20.

There were also very large crowds in Minneapolis, San Antonio, Murfreesboro and San Antonio. I do not know the numbers, but they were at least as large as last year and I think they were actually larger. I guess that DCI would have to release the numbers to verify this.

Thank you for that info and I graciously stand corrected.

So based on that information we have:

(A) 1 "LESS" Open class Corps.

(B) 2 Open class Corps that are coming back after not being able to compete last year.

Let's see, add 2, subtract 1, equals, Hhmmm. So, if dcpincollector can't furnish two more Open class Corps then that's a grand total of 1 quasi-new Corps, NOT the 5 new Corps that dcpincollector inferred.

Unfortunately the rest of the then DCI BoD voting members just "went along for the ride".

Thus far the rest of the voting members of the DCI BoD have shown better sense this time. And, to the best of my knowledge g7 may not be a total of 7 Corps anyway. Those Corps will not be able to go forward with their concept until next year at the earliest. Who knows what will happen to DCI then. It's like a snake eating itself.

And it is truly one of the REAL highlights of the entire Championship weekend. Nothing like a relaxed party atmosphere. The only thing electronic about that weekend is the "announcers" microphone. :thumbup:

It will be really interesting to see what all of the opponents of electronics do when they appear on the field at DCA. They will. I actually think that eventually you also will accept it.

I've thought that as well... I hear the pits loud and clear...

I guess the DCA corps can't produce the volume of the DCI corps!

Go to dci.org and you can see the newer corps.

Once again I would have no idea who would be a new Open class Corp. I don't know what Corps were in the Open class last year so how could I possibly know who is new this year. Or is this concept lost on you?

DCI Dallas was totally sold out on Thursday. There were no more seats available on the concert side. I talked with the head of the band boosters club and he verified that this was true. They even sold seats on the back side for $20.

Well if he was selling seats on the back side of the field then he/they were still selling seat, therefore it wasn't "sold out" now was it. And, proving MY point that sponsors will go for every last dollar of revenue they can get their hands on.

There were also very large crowds in Minneapolis, San Antonio, Murfreesboro and San Antonio. I do not know the numbers, but they were at least as large as last year and I think they were actually larger. I guess that DCI would have to release the numbers to verify this.

Then let's take a look at last years number. Post them here for us so you can "prove your point".

The cost is a major factor and to cut corners will lead to a poor quality product.I don't how many times I winced at some HS band with a bad amp and over powered speakers that was just terrible to listen to.At the local DCI show this summer,some corps have really mastered it and others still don't have it figured out.Its still a work in progress.Eventually some one will come up with a package thats affordable and easy to master.I do see how its effected the orchestration of pit music today to grab as much effectiveness form the equipment.But 30 years ago a couple players carry half size mallets,bells, xylos and such could be hard enough to enhance the music.

Once again I would have no idea who would be a new Open class Corp. I don't know what Corps were in the Open class last year so how could I possibly know who is new this year. Or is this concept lost on you?

Well if he was selling seats on the back side of the field then he/they were still selling seat, therefore it wasn't "sold out" now was it. And, proving MY point that sponsors will go for every last dollar of revenue they can get their hands on.

Then let's take a look at last years number. Post them here for us so you can "prove your point".

Would it be OK with you if DCI actually flourished?

Why is such a bad thing if DCI does something good?

Can DCI do anything right?

Why not try and encourage DCI and DCA? I could have said "bad" things concerning DCA, but that would not be productive and I believe that we need to actually encourage this activity at both the DCI and DCA level.

DCI "haters" (you used the word, so I guess that I can) really need to get an attitude adjustment. I just cannot comprehend the level of "hatred" that seems to exist. WHY?