Taking Aim!

Granny Smith....the Che Guevera of drum corps. Sneaking down from her moutain retreat to stir up the rebels and make a run at the capital. What the living hell is this thread about there...Madam El Hefe????? :lookaround:

I never really was cut out for being a revolutionary. Just last year I attempted to start a revolt here at the home against serving us bread pudding six days a week and I quickly realized that I was up against powers that were fierce. I was taught a severe lesson when my internet connection was mysteriously cut and I could not access DCP. I broke.

So, my primary purpose was to expose that judges are hypocrites in that they reward "change" while they themselves remain changeless. I ask you Plan9, do you ever remember a time when judges didn't wear green polos and khaki pants (probably most of them still wear pleated trousers).

Forgive me for muddying the waters with my extra little gripes.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really was cut out for being a revolutionary. Just last year I attempted to start a revolt here at the home against serving us bread pudding six days a week and I quickly realized that I was up against powers that were fierce. I was taught a severe lesson when my internet connection was mysteriously cut and I could not access DCP. I broke.

So, my primary purpose was to expose that judges are hypocrites in that they reward "change" while they themselves remain changeless. I ask you Plan9, do you ever remember a time when judges didn't wear green polos and khaki pants (probably most of them still wear pleated trousers).

Forgive me for muddying the waters with my extra little gripes.

Perhaps BD's guard can donate their uniforms to the judges for next year....that way they will never "blend" and won't be run into by the line.

Now....let's chat about this "they reward change" statement....again a bit of a leap there cutie! How about we say they reward excellence in whatever form it arrives"! If you think BD is scoring because it's new, that is yet another form of rationalization for why they are dominating and another reason why the competition will continue to chase them. It's excellence..period! Back to your cave!!!!!!! :lookaround:

Remember this is a post to take as many pot shots at the judges as you want.

So what makes this post any different from any other DCP topic? :lookaround:

Perhaps BD's guard can donate their uniforms to the judges for next year....that way they will never "blend" and won't be run into by the line.

Now....let's chat about this "they reward change" statement....again a bit of a leap there cutie! How about we say they reward excellence in whatever form it arrives"! If you think BD is scoring because it's new, that is yet another form of rationalization for why they are dominating and another reason why the competition will continue to chase them. It's excellence..period! Back to your cave!!!!!!! :lookaround:

OHHHH BROTHA!!!!! i'm with ya on most everything you post BUT those guard unis FJMILLERS wont even want them back. They laughed all the way to the bank on those ( alothough Im sure they were free cause of SCOTT)...lol. Scotts a friend and hugely talented . but with costume design? :ph34r:

If Michael Cesario could choose a color for judges, it would be.... Tur-KWAHS! (spelled for phonetic emphasis, and this little bit of humor at MC's expense is based on a real story from a trip he made to Casper to help for a little bit back in the mid 80's)

OHHHH BROTHA!!!!! i'm with ya on most everything you post BUT those guard unis FJMILLERS wont even want them back. They laughed all the way to the bank on those ( alothough Im sure they were free cause of SCOTT)...lol. Scotts a friend and hugely talented . but with costume design? :lookaround:

Have you been to Cirque?...seriously. Those are every bit circus garb. It's about color and attraction. Would you wear BD's guard uni's from last year anywhere but in the circus or Vegas or Broadway or in some show that is trying to get beyond the drab ground colors. That's what is important about uni design...impact. What do you think of the multiple vest mirrors on the BD's MM's unis?

Edited by Plan9

How about if they all run around the field nude and we get to judge everything about their bodies and hold up numbers at them ranking them in order to grossness?

And I am not talking about just the ones on the field.

How about some of the ones (who are humongous) who are sitting in the stands....judging color guard.

I also think there should be a mandatory retirement age. Like if you have done it for 10 years it is time to say bye bye, now go judge dog shows.

Plan9, I think you're mistaking this thread for a criticism of your beloved Blue Devils. Might I suggest that you go get yourself a stiff shot of bourbon and take your finger off the hair trigger? You are exhibiting a snarkiness that comes from being overly devoted to a single corps.

Remember the first step is admitting that you have a problem.

OHHHH BROTHA!!!!! i'm with ya on most everything you post BUT those guard unis FJMILLERS wont even want them back. They laughed all the way to the bank on those ( alothough Im sure they were free cause of SCOTT)...lol. Scotts a friend and hugely talented . but with costume design? :lookaround:

By the way, check out http://www.dci.org/ then go to the 4 pictures on the home page and the one with Lexie from BD's guard and the caption about "Eyes ahead to Indy as BD takes Atlanta"... if you come back here and tell me that's ugly...you are a strange person! Love ya!!