Drum Corps Collectors and Historical Society Exhibition

Can't remember what his name is, but he is a member of Archie, and is probably the one that schlepped all of that stuff out there. They always have a great display at their after party at the Legion hall.

He also toured with Jersey Surf last summer (probably this summer, too, but I saw and talked to him at Massillon last year)

Then maybe it was Bill Ives himself. Someone gave me Bills card a few years back at a PA Drum Corps Hall of Fame function but now I think it was one of the PADCHOF BoD and not Bill.

Will have to dig up the card as may have a pair of jackets to donate (keep forgetting to contact).

Then maybe it was Bill Ives himself. Someone gave me Bills card a few years back at a PA Drum Corps Hall of Fame function but now I think it was one of the PADCHOF BoD and not Bill.

Will have to dig up the card as may have a pair of jackets to donate (keep forgetting to contact).

Just to confirm, that is Bill Ives in the pic. I think Bill started something this year that has the potential to snowball into something much larger.

Dan

hey Chris got my pic when i was browsing items!

totally awesome display...really incredible. I can not thank Bill and Steve enough for that walk thru history.

really folks, we need a real drum corps hall of fame somewhere

Just to confirm, that is Bill Ives in the pic. I think Bill started something this year that has the potential to snowball into something much larger.

Dan

Larger than Bills collection??? Man that's scary... :thumbup: Seriously, Bill had the uniform collection at the Dixie Stinger standstill near Baltimore and I've seen pictures of his pin collection.

Of course, the hard part is finding a safe, permanent place to store anything like these items. My big concern is the stuff in peoples homes and what happens if they pass away unexpectedly. Yikes..... I should take care of that with my stuff. :tongue:

Anybody here ever seen Bob Bellarosa's collection? He has the Drum Corps Hall of Fame Museum in Brooklyn, and he's had it since 1957!

Thanks Brian, somehow missed this one. Started getting Bobs Drum Corps Heritage magazine this year and as I'm looking for info on DC before my time I really enjoy it.

LOL, first pic (Aussie hats) shown is Doremus Jersey Skeeters (Sr) from Hackensack, NJ. One of my rarer pieces is a booster pic showing the corps (1948).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

In case you can't find his card, he was working the Jersey Surf souvie area IIRC. They may be able to hook you up with him.

Bill Ives is a great man. In the DCI souvie-seller community (yes, there is one) he is very highly regarded for his generosity and helpfulness. Just be careful: he might try to sell you your own shirt off your back. The man loves the give and take of a good haggle.

Bill could sell ice to an eskimo. he is that good