The best thing about being a Star of Indiana Alumnus

I have no regrets that Star no longer exists. This has allowed me to become a "diehard" fan of more corps than I ever could have imagined - several of which I admittedly even "hated" while I was marching (I won't name names :thumbup: ). Since I can't cheer for "my" corps......I have the pleasure of supporting the groups that my former staff now instruct, as well as the groups where my fellow alums now instruct, as if they were my own. For better or worse, that now means that I'm almost a fan of every single corps that competes......and I think that makes me extremely fortunate! :lol:

Best wishes to all of my former staff members, fellow alums, and former students that are performing this finals week!

Edited by bullethead

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no regrets that Star no longer exists. This has allowed me to become a "diehard" fan of more corps than I ever could have imagined - several of which I admittedly even "hated" while I was marching (I won't name names :tongue: ). Since I can't cheer for "my" corps......I have the pleasure of supporting the groups that my former staff now instruct, as well as the groups where my fellow alums now instruct, as if they were my own. For better or worse, that now means that I'm almost a fan of every single corps that competes......and I think that makes me extremely fortunate! :worthy:

Best wishes to all of my former staff members, fellow alums, and former students that are performing this finals week!

very cool. And it certainly is not hard to find those alumni making their mark.

People from Star seem like such great people! Makes me love this legendary corps even more! And, I agree with Crowncontramom ... I can't wait to see the Alumni Corps on Semifinals night! Star '93 is in my top 7 shows of all time! I hope I can meet some people who marched that show while I'm there!

Amazing bunch..trend setters...and a major highlight of DCI Finals 2010!! Can't wait! :tongue:

Everyone connected to Star in some fashion that I met with the Troopers in 2008 was phenomenal, so I can only imagine how great it was to have that entire staff working together. I even got to have a chat with Jim Prime when it got closer to finals, really cool guy.

If you wait til finals, you will miss them because I believe they are performing at semis.

I know, I'm just using Finals as an overall event.

I'm looking forward to seeing them, but I wish they would have only allowed Star alumni to join instead of opening it up to others.

Unless they changed it, they also allowed alumni of Crown and Blue Stars to perform with them.

I know someone who marched with Knights, Cavies and Garfield Cadets who is also in the Star alumni corps.