Last DCI Finals as we know it?

I disagree ... I believe it could be the end of the G7 corps, and a renaissance for DCI.

If the DCI board sticks to old school rules about what constitutes a DCI show, rules for members competing in non-DCI-sanctioned shows, etc., they could shut the G7 out of the activity.

The best thing DCI could do is maintain business-as-usual, and not give any press opportunities for letting the G7 corps any promotion via DCI.

Imaging a Hopkins-free DCI environment for the folks running the activity. They could probably get a lot more meaningful work done without him constantly stirring the pot.

HMMMMMMM,,,DCI without these guys...my question would be is how long do you think it will take until the NEW hopkins emerges...........maybe 10 minutes I suspect.....lol

The best thing DCI could do is maintain business-as-usual, and not give any press opportunities for letting the G7 corps any promotion via DCI.

Imaging a Hopkins-free DCI environment for the folks running the activity. They could probably get a lot more meaningful work done without him constantly stirring the pot.

Yes....they could get back to work on the approved business plan, free from all these G7 disruptions.

In or out. They should not be allowed to even use thier championship status when promoting themselves if they go G7. Blast was a great show on broadway that used all old drum and bugle corps moves and music and was a hit. But when the drum corps and band community all saw it the audience was gone. It was the time of 9 11 but there is still a very small market when it come to marching bands and corps. I work at hotel in nyc and have had several guest from chicago and madison and 95 percent of them never heard of the Scouts and Cavies. They should have left it alone and let it be drum and bugle corps. This could very well destroy the whole activity.

:tongue: I, for one, have never been a DCI fan (based on what I consider a ludicrous "Judging" system) but this G7 thing is, IMHO, arrogant, elitist, and shameful. For these "Big Name" Corps to disrespect all the other hard working Corps is a disgrace. I am personally ashamed that The Cavaliers & Fiedler (former Cavalier director) as SCV representative have decided to jump on the Hopkins BANDwagon. I will not, in any way, support G7 or its member Corps. Indeed. I may well return to DCI with the respect for its member Corps. Long live Drum Corps! Carry on, Bands - but without me! Woodwinds, stay home! :thumbup: