2010 CDs, DVDs and Blu-Ray

Which 2010 products do you plan to purchase?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2010 products will you be purchasing?

• 2010 World Championships Blu-ray Disc
    • 2010 World Championships DVD Vol.1
    • 2010 World Championships DVD Vol. 2
    • 2010 World Championships CD
    • 2010 World Championships Blu-ray/CD Bundle
    • 2010 World Championships World Class Bundle
    • 2010 World Championships DVD/CD Bundle
    • Upgrading Fan Network subscription
    • None of the above

The 2010 media products are now available for pre-order on DCI.org. No pictures yet, but near as I can tell here are the options:

• 2010 World Championships Blu-ray Disc
    Your Price: $119.00
    The top 12 World Class corps on Blu-Ray
  • 2010 World Championships DVD Vol.1
    Your Price: $99.00
    The top 12 World Class corps on DVD
  • 2010 World Championships DVD Vol. 2
    Your Price: $39.00
    The 13th-23rd placing World Class Corps on DVD
  • 2010 World Championships CD
    Your Price: $29.00
    Featuring all 23 World Class Corps
  • 2010 World Championships Blu-ray/CD Bundle
    Your Price: $129.00
    The Blu-ray plus the CD, saving you $19 vs. buying them separately
  • 2010 World Championships World Class Bundle
    Your Price: $129.00
    Both Volume 1 and 2 of the DVDs together plus the CD, saving you $38 vs. buying them separately
  • 2010 World Championships DVD/CD Bundle
    Your Price: $119.00
    Volume 1 of the DVDs plus the CD, saving you $9 vs. buying them separately

The 2010 CDs are scheduled to be available by October 1, 2010. The 2010 DVDs/Blu-ray are scheduled to be available by November 15, 2010.

I'm pretty excited to see the 2010 Blu-rays. As incredible as the product was, for me 2009 was a down year in terms of the actual shows. I'm already more impressed by what I see in 2010 and I'm glad it'll be captured in the highest quality. It's great to see that DCI will be continuing this product going forward. I'll likely put in a pre-order for the Blu-ray/CD bundle. Unfortunately that means I'll have to buy the Volume 2 DVD separately to be sure to get the 13-23 corps. It'd be nice if DCI could bundle those three products together to capture all of World Class.

I don't see any products available yet for Open Class. It'll be curious to see if those get added at a later date.

What happens if you have the Premium HD Fan Network package (or Premium SD, for that matter) but would also like a CD? Surely they don't expect you to pay $29 for the CD on top of the Fan Network package. That would make the combined price (minus the Plus part of the Fan Network) $139, plus shipping (which is free if you just get the Blu-ray with the Premium HD package). That's $10 more than $129 for the Blu-Ray/CD package. Factoring in shipping, and it approaches $20 more. Hopefully DCI sees this dilemma and offers some other options for Fan Network subscribers.

I really wish they'd just offer a mp3 download bundle this year. It's really a waste of shipping and packaging, considering I (and I'm sure many, many others) are just going to rip the CD's for use in iTunes or whichever and then never need the CD's again.

Mike

I really wish they'd just offer a mp3 download bundle this year. It's really a waste of shipping and packaging, considering I (and I'm sure many, many others) are just going to rip the CD's for use in iTunes or whichever and then never need the CD's again.

Mike

I agree, but I'm still glad I have a backup in case I lose a hard drive . . .or an iPod.

. . .I caved already, lol. Preordered the Blu-ray. :lol:

I'm planning to buy the Blu-ray, but may wait till it comes down in price (if ever). I wish we got a price break for pre-ordering, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Mike

I like having the CDs, actually. Sure I rip them right away, but I can't listen to MP3s in my car. I never listen to the radio (apart from NPR news during my commute), so I always have a stash of CDs with me in the car. Like bawker said, it's also nice to have a hard copy in case the MP3s get lost for whatever reason.

On a personal level, I'm also a collector. I think it started with baseball cards when I was a kid. There's just something satisfying about having a nice, unbroken row of DCI CDs sitting on my shelf.

I'm so glad I waited to buy the blue-ray. Today at quarterfinals they were selling it for $89 ($30 off the regular price). Kind of excited for this year's shows, but I think I'll wait again. They also had their usual buy 2 past years DVDs, get 1 free.