Why BD won't get a new all time high score

Thanks for enlightening us on your opinion as to how the scoring system should work. Currently, that is not how it does work, and rolling your eyes won't change that.

He is a good guy. And he is right. Cavaliers should have never gotten a 20.0 in colorguard back in 2002.

G

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is kind of sad however to be sitting here at Finals Week, where the only on field drama appears to be whether the Blue Devils will secure the highest all time score, or if they'll sweep all 11 captions in winning yet another DCI title tomorrow nite. Even their " B " Corps looks confident and poised to remain undefeated and snare another Title.

The Blue Devils organization's competing brilliance has just sucked all the oxygen out of the room. That said,I 'm looking forward to the old dinosaurs in exhibition tonite ( Star United ). That should be interesting and a crowd pleaser for sure.

BDB is not undefeated. Vanguard Cadets beat them the last weekend before they left for Nats.

Sorry, but this is wrong.

Under the tick system a 99.3 would imply that judges only SAW 7 mistakes. There would likely be more that the judges missed.

The tick system would have slowed down the rapid escalation of "design" shows, as corps would not have been able to try some of the things they do now. Better yet, a 90 would still mean something. Don't get me wrong...the corps are great, but the scores are out of whack. Sorry to break it to those who think some of the breakneck drills in the top 4-5 are so darn clean...they are dirty as sin! You almost couldn't keep track of the amount of dirty forms, bad intervals and such on display. Many forms out there could have been hit with .2 or more in ticks if I was doing field M&M. Extrapolate that over ten minutes, and I think you'd have very few corps scoring over 12.0 in a 15 point caption (even with fairly generous tolerance). That's just in one execution caption. Add in brass and percussion, you wouldn't see too many 95+ scores out there. One major corps had a drill move go so bad that a mellophone got squeezed out of a form as it developed. To their credit, they smoothly corrected it by the end of the move, but you'd think at quarters you'd be marching at a higher level than that. Don't get started on the "difficulty" excuse...if you don't have the ability to perform it, don't write it!