They need a live broadcast of Finals!

This is like waiting for Apollo 13 to come out of the radio blackout in reentry!

#1 priority for DCI in the offseason is to fix this. I realize what they're up against, but you can't tell me it couldn't be remedied with a bit of effort. Forfeiting a potential revenue stream like finals is just mindboggling!

This is like waiting for Apollo 13 to come out of the radio blackout in reentry!

#1 priority for DCI in the offseason is to fix this. I realize what they're up against, but you can't tell me it couldn't be remedied with a bit of effort. Forfeiting a potential revenue stream like finals is just mindboggling!

I agree. I won't spend the bucks on DVDs until they are considered Legacy but I'd do a pay per view of finals

I don't know where they are at with this legally, but they could definitely hook up with Roku for Internet-based PPV delivery to a set-top box without the cost of cable-tv type on demand.

It would be awesome.

I agree. I've been saying this for years, and I brainstormed a model wherenitncould work well for all (finals stream for those of us at home, extra cash flow for DCI for those of us not in Inday)

I don't know where they are at with this legally, but they could definitely hook up with Roku for Internet-based PPV delivery to a set-top box without the cost of cable-tv type on demand.

It would be awesome.

My understanding is that ESPN bought (I guess they would have paid) rights to broadcast finals, but don't. It might cost a year's worth of PPV revenue to get back the rights, but I'd think it's worth it. In these tough times, DCI needs all the revenue streams it can get - this would be a first step back to health.

I thought that ESPN exclusive on finals night broadcasts has lapsed by now. I could be wrong, but that deal was years ago, and my guess is it's gone.

I think the real reason DCI doesn't webcast finals is that they want people to travel to Indy and buy the DVDs. If DCI webcasts finals, people will stay home and capture video to save money instead of traveling to Indianapolis. Look how cinecasting quarterfinals has cannibalized attendance on Thursday, even from people who bought tickets, which hurts hotel and restaurant revenue, part of the package deal both DCI and Indy have an interest in.

Webcasting finals may come eventually, but if it does, it won't be cheap. DCI can't afford it to be cheap. They need to preserve the value of their most valuable product, which is finals each year.

Well, at least they're showing highlights from each show as part of the live finale. I love it!

I would gladly pay any amount to watch finals in my own home.

Edited by HurcsGuyGD.

trying to fix a typo

Edited by HurcsGuyGD.

I would totally consider watching the finals in a theatre.