So was the sound better in Indy this year?

From Wikipedia (cited from the NFL) on the rules for the roof being open:

NFL rules for roof opening

The home team determines if roof is to be opened or closed 90 minutes before kickoff. The roof remains open unless precipitation or lightning is within the vicinity of the stadium, the temperature is below 40°F, or wind gusts are greater than 40 mph, in which case the roof is automatically closed. Once the roof is closed, it may not be reopened.[8]

"Lucas Oil Stadium's retractable roof was open for the first regular season game, but closed on the second because of the possibility of thunderstorms," said Pete Ward, Colts senior executive vice president. The new stadium is not waterproof, he said. The field has no drainage and speakers, scoreboards and other electronic equipment are exposed, so the Capital Improvement Board closely monitors pregame weather. Because there was a 30 percent possibility of "pop-up" storms and the roof requires 12 minutes to close, the decision was made at 2:30 to close the door.[9]

If there is any possibility of storms, they have to keep it closed because the electronics are not water-proof and the field has no drainage system. The interior of LOS was never intended to be an all- weather stadium.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this like spitting into the wind?

Indy is the new home for Drum Corps finals except for 2014. That year, I venture DCI will go west...probably way west for finals. Other than that, Indy is where finals are going to be. So complain as we might about the sound (by the way...Indy is way better than SA or ATL) Indy is the home for DCI finals.

Oh, wait...this is drumcorpsplanet. Take back everything I just said and excuse me. Please rant on.

no offense Tom, you're just as guilty as other when it comes to complaining, tho you have different targets.

that said, while I see it not changing, I have to say the sound issue is weighing on my decision to go back again

All I noticed was a slight overhang when a loud impact point was followed by silence.

I was in section 441 for all three nights, great view & decent sound.

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB