Eating a LARGE slice of Humble Pie

"crown"? Do I detect a prophecy there, involving the MOST rapidly advancing Corps currently? Well, I hope my observation doesn't appear too cavalier.

"Most rapidly advancing"?? You mean the corps that dropped two places from 2009 to 2010??

:thumbup:

Love CC this year. Talent was amazing and show was very good.

But I think it's a toss-up as to which corps is more "rapidly advancing" now -- Bluecoats, CCrown ... with Blue Stars and Madison Scouts not too far behind ...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Most rapidly advancing"?? You mean the corps that dropped two places from 2009 to 2010??

Love CC this year. Talent was amazing and show was very good.

But I think it's a toss-up as to which corps is more "rapidly advancing" now -- Bluecoats, CCrown ... with Blue Stars and Madison Scouts not too far behind ...

[/quote}

I hate it when you all call me to task! I've been excited by Crown (after DCI '09 I predicted that '10 would be the year when Carolina & SCV would blow EVERYBODY away). Bluecoats caught me & many others unawares. While always a wonderfully entertaining Corps, this year they exploded & became a true contender. Madison? I've always been a Madison fan, even when I marched against them in the '50s & 60s. This year, IMHO, they were the ONLY Corps to remind us of what Drum Corps was & should be! In closing, let me say I have never seen a finer Final 23 Corps in DCI History! Stunning performances from ALL!

BTW, for the umpteenth time, Congratulations, Blue Devils! :thumbup:

Will 2011 be the return of hot, steamy, swingin' jazz?

The last few years have had teases of the Blue Devils of old (not to say I don't love the Blue Devils of new!), so I'm excited to see what's coming down the pipeline. Congrats BD, class acts all around.

Man, When I heard the Blue Devils were playing Stan Kenton in the preaseason I nearly had a Corpsgasm..... What a complete letdown after I heard the actual arrangements. They played the hell out of the show but just imagine what it COULD have been with some real arranging! ####!

Man, When I heard the Blue Devils were playing Stan Kenton in the preaseason I nearly had a Corpsgasm..... What a complete letdown after I heard the actual arrangements. They played the hell out of the show but just imagine what it COULD have been with some real arranging! ####!

Yes I agree... I hope the Blue Devils go out and get a real professional arranger... I mean this Wayne Downey Guy Sheesh! LOL :thumbup:

Yes I agree... I hope the Blue Devils go out and get a real professional arranger... I mean this Wayne Downey Guy Sheesh! LOL :thumbup:

BD's show was way over my head brass-wise, but that was the Brass Caption Award winning performance (according to the Judges) and why would they now change arrangers? Just askin'.

BD's show was way over my head brass-wise, but that was the Brass Caption Award winning performance (according to the Judges) and why would they now change arrangers? Just askin'.

Please allow me to remove my tongue from my cheek... I cannot imagine wanting an arranger other than Wayne... Wayne personally asked me to march BD in 1981, I roomed with he and a couple of other BD legends in my rookie season and I was personally influenced (musically lol) by this man in ways that made me more of a performer than I ever thought possible! Oh and Wayne is a completely HARDASS TASKMASTER!!!

Also on another note: OT

Mr. AmFlag61

Are you the gentleman I ran into in the Grand Hotel Lobby in Peoria a few weeks back while I was there visiting my "inlaws"?

Anyway, the last time BD had a chance to three peat was, what, '98?

The odds are against them. I'm sure we'll crown a different, equally worthy champion next year.

Um...the odds are against them to what? three-peat?...well, they don't have to win "three in a row", at this

point they only have to win "one" in a row (they've already bagged the first two).

In my opinion, the odds are very much IN their favor to win in 2011. And anyone who bets against them has

not been watching the past four years.

Cali.

Edited by Calistar

Um...the odds are against them to what? three-peat?...well, they don't have to win "three in a row", at this

point they only have to win "one" in a row (they've already bagged the first two).

In my opinion, the odds are very much IN their favor to win in 2011. And anyone who bets against them has

not been watching the past four years.

Cali.

I dunno....Bluecoats HAVE beaten them in the last few years (granted only once) and history gives them a good chance of winning next year, seeing as how they just took 3rd.

In spite of all my flameing, whining, and slurs against you Devils :thumbup: the facts remain;

2 consecutive undefeated Seasons, (I was fortunate to have 1 in '61), 4 Caption Awards, and 14 Championships!

I may not always understand what you do, but you do it perfectly. If ever there was a Corps worthy of a Special Place in the Drum Corps Hall Of Fame, it's The Blue Devils! BUT...

as we Chicago Cubs say "Wait 'til next year!" :thumbup:

Very classy post. Thank you!

P.S. I thought Cavies were spectacular!