madison scounts name change?

Did I hear right? Madison Explorer Scouts? WHY??

Because that's their original name?

I'm with everyone else on this one. With the throwback uniforms, a nod to the traditional name from the 1950s is a great idea!

It was a tribute to their roots, similar to what Cadets (Holy Name) did last year. The reminder to their original name and the neckerchiefs they wore at finals appear to additional pieces that are part of the "building the brand" project of the 2010 Madison Scouts.

A very successful rebuilding of the brand, I might add!

Why not?

Because the BSA does not allow atheists or homosexuals in their organization. Pretty good reason, eh?

Um... well... the Scouts are sponsored as an Explorer post of BSA, as are many corps. I don't think that the Scouts staff is now going to go through the rank and file of the entire corps and ask if members are atheist or homosexual. That would not look good for DCI as a whole.

Why not?

Because the BSA does not allow atheists or homosexuals in their organization. Pretty good reason, eh?

Thanks for sharing... :thumbup:

Oh boy... here we go. A few "I'm a huge Madison fan, but I'm very concerned" people who are connecting the first and last dots in a 100 dot puzzle and jumping to a conclusion concocted in their own minds about what something like the Madison Scouts being announced as The Madison Explorer Scouts means.

As mentioned, it is a re-connect to very great year and time for the corps, it doesn't in any way mean that they will be called that from now on and for forever... and even if they are, don't let it get anyone concerned all upset. The Cadets did indeed go to "Holy Name" Cadets for a little bit, and I don't recall them suddenly making going to confession and taking every Sunday off because the Bible says you must mandatory for the members when they did that.

Everyone over-thinking this just stay calm... :thumbup: