Trooping The Stands.

I think they should at the VERY least do it at finals. I would also suggest doing it at regionals as well.

How could anyone be against this...as a fan?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At small shows, you do get more people sticking around for the encore by not having a full retreat - don't have to wait for all the corps to enter/leave prior to the encore.

At the big regional shows though, they really should go back to doing the full retreat. Its a great show for the crowd, and a wonderful experience for the kids as well.

I'd love a return to trooping the stands, and the winner, as long as they did indeed salute the winner. Many years ago, I recall a DATR where each corps just turned around and took the shortest route off the field. If the winner happened to be standing in between the exit and the current corps leaving the field, that corps would salute the winner. But for those whom the exit was closer, those corps just turned around and left, not even bothering to troop the stands or the winner. Each corps did play themselves off the field, but it wasn't a proper trooping of the stands. SCV was the only corps of the night who took the long way around out of the stadium in order to pass by the winning corps of the night, salute them and troop the stands. I even wrote a letter to the editor of DCW about it, thanking SCV for showing their Class of the night.